help A10-5800k high temps

joselino28

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
my cpu A10-5800k, when i freshly open my pc and i go to bios the temp is already 68-71C, and when i start the windows, the temp min: 73C max: 88C

is it normal or not?

Solution
So if it is really that hot it is gonna cause a thermal shutdown (like you seem to be experiencing). So I would download Aidia 64 and run the "System Stability Test" which is listed under "Tools". It should tell you if your cpu is throttling and also it has a tab that will show the clock speeds so you can see if they are dropping really low to help your cpu not overheat. Some games that load the cpu more will cause the shutdown to happen sooner and other ones that use less cpu could run and not shutdown the system.

joselino28

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015

Proc: A10-5800k
MOBO: FM2-A55M-E33
VC: Palit gtx 750ti 2gb oc StormX (not yet overclocked)
Ram: 2x4gb kingston 1300
PSU: atom 450PW

What about cooling? Also I would suggest using AMD Overdrive to get the cpu temp as it is the best program to get the temps from current AMD cpu's as it seems to get the most accurate temps. The BIOS is kinda guessing at the temp and it can be off by 20C or more.

joselino28

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015

only stock cooling, i also use the CPUID thats how i can get the temo 73C min and 88C max

is this the cause why my pc restarting after playing 30mins - 1hour of assassin's creed unity in max setting, the fps is ok but sudden restart, that is happen 2 times, but on other games like dota 2 is normal even so many hours i play

So if it is really that hot it is gonna cause a thermal shutdown (like you seem to be experiencing). So I would download Aidia 64 and run the "System Stability Test" which is listed under "Tools". It should tell you if your cpu is throttling and also it has a tab that will show the clock speeds so you can see if they are dropping really low to help your cpu not overheat. Some games that load the cpu more will cause the shutdown to happen sooner and other ones that use less cpu could run and not shutdown the system.

Solution

joselino28

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015

ok thanks i will try it out later then i make feed back, so how can i prevent the restart while playing HD games?

Well that is hopefully what this test will tell us. If it is throttling and then doing a thermal shutdown because of temps then we need to get the cpu cooler by any number of ways. A new heatsink and thermal paste, possibly by going into the BIOS and having the cpu fan spin faster to keep it cooler (could be a very loud fix), How many case fans do you have?

joselino28

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015

It ok now, i look in the driver catalys the power of cpu alway max on 3.8ghz, thats why its hot already when i start my pc, so i adjust it to min to max 1.4ghz to 3.8ghz, so when i play assassin creed the temp is 60-65C only, btw thanks for the apps and reply