*HELP* Application Error 0xc000001d

MrSuppressor

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015
I downloaded a driver update for my GTX 970 from NVIDIA on the 14th. Since then I haven't been able to start DayZ nor Arma 3. Instead, it begins t0 load then quits giving me the error message "The exception illegal instruction an attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction. (0xc000001d) occured in the application at location 0x000000006CAEDB41. Click OK to terminate the program" I've tried numerous things to attempt and fix this but my lack of knowledge and success is beginning to depress me. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the one I was using before without any success. I uninstalled both games a few times and even uninstalled Steam once. I scanned SFC in the command prompt (I'm not even sure what that means) but that found nothing wrong with my OS. Basically trying anything I read on the matter as it's been 5 or so days and I really want to play with my buddies. I I'm definitely at my wits end so any help will do and I really appreciate it.

Specs:
-Windows 10
-i5 4690k
-GTX 970
-8gb ddr3 ram
-750w PSU

No. Just one that can be formatted to make a bootable to run memtest.
If teh test passes, you need to start thinking about borrowing a PSU to test as your may be teh culprit. The CXs are not good quality

MrSuppressor

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015

Ended up running the test 7 times whilst I was out collecting Pokemon and it passed every time. One very key bit of information that I neglected to state is that I am still able to play games like CS:GO. With that in mind, is it still possible that it's my PSU and if not, any other ideas?
*After I ran the test I started up my game and it actually worked for a couple hours before I got off, when I woke this morning it was no longer working *
P.S Thank you so much for the time and effort. My situation is stressing me out and having someone to help troubleshoot is nice ;D

MrSuppressor

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015

I ended up resetting Windows and that seemed to fix it. I haven't had any problems/error messages since then.