[HELP] ARP Poisoning - Countermeasures

Pwnography-XXII

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
Greetings, fellahs!

I've been experiencing some ARP Poisoning these days. Im working on it for almost a day now, but still there's no strong solution to solve this. So I hope you guys have some advice/insight on how to prevent this. I've used several programs such as the netcut defender but it seems the attacker doesn't use netcut and it stills poisons my net connection.

So, Is there anyway to rectify the situation? :(

Thank you.

Solution
yeah i assumed you were using wifi

open a command prompt and type in arp –a

then add the static entries you want like this

arp –s <IP ADDRESS> <MAC ADDRESS>.

any time you are connected by wifi you are vulnerable to attacks--best thing is connect by ethernet--though its not always possible i know
yeah i assumed you were using wifi

open a command prompt and type in arp –a

then add the static entries you want like this

arp –s <IP ADDRESS> <MAC ADDRESS>.

any time you are connected by wifi you are vulnerable to attacks--best thing is connect by ethernet--though its not always possible i know

Solution

Pwnography-XXII

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015

What do I write in the IP and MAC? I mean... Do I write my connected device's IP and MAC there or else? Thanks for helping.

Pwnography-XXII

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015

I did what you told me. Added a static arp entry and I assume I made it right. Because there's no unusual message coming from the CMD. Is that normal?

yes

but arp poisoning would mean they already hacked your network and are using something like cain and abel or ettercap on you
what wireless security are you using?
and why do you think you are being arp poisoned?

Pwnography-XXII

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015

Im using WPA with mixed numbers and alphas. I snucked to the attacker's device(laptop) saw netcut blah blah blah. I googled afterwards and voila! Just as I suspected. Anyway, the attacker is a relative.