Help Asus Come Up With Better Names!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Lunarion
How does "overpriced" sound?

iCase and iMobo it is then ;p

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Case name: Decrepit ruins
Motherboard name: traumatizing hamster

Case name: Destroyer 1
Motherboard name: BSOD Bot

Case name: Asbestos Turbine
Motherboard name: Besmirched Roach

Case name: Robotic cheeseburger
Motherboard name: DRM Fortified

JustinHD81

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Go for an odd name, the motherboard....Mutherboard....hardly original but it's a....

All suggestions aside, creating a series of boards rather than grand new names every motherboard might be an idea, similar to cars, they don't try and change the names too much because it causes confusion, they just do new models every few years with updated specs....should be the same for motherboards, cases that way you build brand recognition. They could create a category, call it Experimental where they put all the Top of the line feature motherboards etc.

G

How about asus introduces the "amazing tub of lard" for the mobo,

and the "spank me series" for the case.

G

so ugly and fat...
kinda of like the fat-bastard in austin powers series...
i'll call it fat-bastard!

G

ASUS Bobafett for the case, ROG Humongous for the Mobo. LOL Asus Humongous GENE MicroATX

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
I believe a name needs to say something about the product
Mobo: Big excessive motherboard with money wasting features you'll never use, carefully crafted from dead marine organisms and toxic heavy metals with double dipping of weird unknown chemical surprise!
Case: Big space-wasting, leg-room stealing device of storing the "previous", so trivially useless in actual purpose you'll wonder why you paid for so much excessive plastic decor.

dragonmathics

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
I used to work at the ASUS helpdesk when the company came out with its "portable desktop" barebones kit. Can't remember the model name--it's been maybe six years ago--but I do remember the execs asked us about their advertising; they wanted an American perspective and apparently didn't want to pay a marketing company for the information.

They wanted to convey that the product was slim and portable. Their slogan? "It's Dinky!" I kid you not. Some of us were diplomatic, but others literally fell on the floor laughing. The company had test images worked up and everything. It was painful. Our Taiwanese superiors were not pleased with us, and we were never asked again for our opinons...

...but then again, they didn't use that slogan, either...

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Sentient Thor
"Feel the rumble of this beast until all that armor is gone and you got yourself a basic...white...case."
Seriously, with all that outer armor removed it could just as easily be a plain white case with a shelling placed over it.

G

I think I would change the name Asus for a start -- sounds too much like Acer.

G

from what i read in extremetech, the "immensity" board will have a ati 5770 embedded inside the mobo, hence the uber heatsink.

ggrego

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
How about Warrior it look like it's ready to do battle. I like it's looks? Motherboard looks like a beast. Warrior and the Beast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS