Help Asus Come Up With Better Names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogalooelectric

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
The case should be called the Fugly. On a serious note I think a good name would be the Optimus because it kind of looks like Optimus Primes head.

The mother board could be called the Sink, because it has everything but the kitchen sink.

Although I will say that I have not had good luck with ASUS mobo's over the years, every one i have tried died in about a year.

polly the parrot

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Looks a lot like the Alienware Area-51 chassis...

but why don't they call it "Pegasus Tank", since Asus is formed from the last 4 letters of Pegasus/Pegasus sounds futuristic, and the case looks armored like a tank. Other than that I agree with sublifer.

daworstplaya

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I do have to admit ASUS has the WORST naming convention for their products out of all the manufacturers. Just look at their Laptop/notebook names and letters attached to them, it's almost dizzying.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Some more names

Leaning tower of fail (LTOF)
Great wall of bulls**t
money pit
Inefficient one

Also whats with those plastic fins in the back they seem annoying and may get in the way.

timobkg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]boogalooelectric[/nom]Although I will say that I have not had good luck with ASUS mobo's over the years, every one i have tried died in about a year.[/citation]
That's the opposite of my experience with them. I've had great luck with ASUS mobos. Every computer I've built over the past 10 years used one; not a single problem. Two computers are still running after 7-10 years.

boogalooelectric

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
[citation][nom]timobkg[/nom]That's the opposite of my experience with them. I've had great luck with ASUS mobos. Every computer I've built over the past 10 years used one; not a single problem. Two computers are still running after 7-10 years.[/citation]

I am not trying to bash them, just relating my experiences. I have given them a try a few times for my personal builds and they always fail. Some PC's I have built for others are still working though, they still have a good name so they get requested a lot. I do have a ASUS monitor and I love it.

Then again I loved ABIT boards before they became Universal Abit while many did not, I had good luck with their products but whenever i relate this to other builders I get a lot of flack

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Godly Helm of the Optimus?
+3 Component Prectection
+1 Resist Elements
+4 ComicCon Status
+5 Geek Radius

Cursed Item
-35 Female Attraction

Set Bonus
+10 Epic Fail
%80 Chance of living with Parents

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
I think the case should be just the Asus PRIME. Definitely looks almost like a transformer head or something like that. Could also be the Galea (Roman soldier's helmet).
As for the mobo, could call it the Gulf (seeing as it seems to be an x58 chipset and looks to be the type of board you'd want to drop a gulftown chip into).

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Call it the WGAS-R Series,

wgas-r means, who gives a $h1t, really.

If I bought this case, and I was gonna show it off, I would be like, hey check out my case, not hey check out WGAS_R Prime optiplextor ultra titanium enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.