[SOLVED] HELP, before my head explodes!

joyseph

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Hi I need some help with monitor as it seems it is not an easy task for me and I am more and more confused about all the choices, monitor market is a one big mess for me at this point...
I need it for video editing AND occasional gaming.

32"
4k 3840 × 2160
IPS
10bit colours
min 90%sRGB, dci-p3 ...
16:9
-budget under 800€ (1000 dollars)

-nice would be more than 60hz and Free or Gsync

I thought it would be a perfect option and almost bought Acer ConceptD CP3271KP but I am kind of put off by its 27" and "only" 8bit colours, if it would be 32" and 10bit it would fit the bill perfectly!
Could you recommend something better what would fit my needs?

THANKS
🤗

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Reactions: joyseph
Solution

joyseph

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Where are you located, specifically? Availability within countries in Europe will vary, as will pricing.

Only one I can find at a glance with reasonable availability throughout Europe would be the BenQ EW3280U

32", FreeSync, IPS, 60Hz, 3840x2160, 16:9, 10bit
https://www.benq.com/en-ca/monitor/entertainment/ew3280u/specifications.html

As low as €720 in Germany €740 in Spain & €780 in Italy.... €820 in France
First, thanks a lot for your reply!
I am located in Austria, but in European Union the shipping is not expensive so it does not really matter. It is well available: Prices
Would you rate this as the best option for a video editor as I look at it is in their entertaining line up , and reviews state low contrast, only 60hz?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
First, thanks a lot for your reply!
I am located in Austria, but in European Union the shipping is not expensive so it does not really matter. It is well available: Prices
Would you rate this as the best option for a video editor as I look at it is in their entertaining line up , and reviews state low contrast, only 60hz?

With the other specs you want/need, I don't see any options that are going to be measurably 'better', unfortunately.

Even before addressing other requirements, 4K IPS really limits your options, then >27" reduces options to exactly zero, as far as I can find available, regardless of price.

Reactions: joyseph

joyseph

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
With the other specs you want/need, I don't see any options that are going to be measurably 'better', unfortunately.

Even before addressing other requirements, 4K IPS really limits your options, then >27" reduces options to exactly zero, as far as I can find available, regardless of price.
So if I am understand it right, there is no 4k, 10bit colour, 32", HDR monitor capable of more than 60hz suitable for video editing under 8-900€? Would you have any better options if I would opt for 27", as I need the picture to be really accurate?

TRENDING THREADS