[SOLVED] HELP ( bricked ) Rx 570

Borzalino14

Reputable
Jun 8, 2020
I got 2 rx 570 8gb sapphire + the one with lights. So this one comes from mining so i knew that this needed to be flashed with its stock or original bios so i got mine at techpower. i checked first the vbios version all are the same but only the subsystem id is different mine i think has 1DA2 E366 the one i downloaded from techpower was 1DA2 E343. Ya i know it was different but i did this last night from the other rx 570 it just worked fine and was fixed. So what i did to the fixed one, i used the amdvbflash but it comes with subsystemidmismatch so i flash it with command prompt and now it works. So this bricked one i flashed it without saving the bios or backing up the bios that is inside this 570 (the bootable one) so got an subsystemidmismatch so i did what did last night with the command prompt and then restart it immediately. After restart my pc won't boot the fans of gpu, cpu, led fans all working but the lightning in my keyboard wasn't turning on and the monitor showing no signal. So i switched bios ( the switch in the gpu itself ) So it boots now. Then i've done it again with that command prompt now it wont boot again please i badly need help guys!!! and btw i have my main gpu its an gaming x rx 580 so this is what i've been using to post this thread. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!

Solution
You mean unplugging my main gpu (rx 580)? and then plug in my bricked 570? sorry im not an expert about this flashing stuff. But can you clarify to me like from step one. May Mb has only 1 pcie slot and when i set my primary display to igpu it goes no signal on my monitor and at the same time the 570 was inserted. btw thanks for the feedback!!!

Just one PCI-E slot? That's going to be quite a bit harder because you would have to do this blind.
Meaning without monitor output. First, plug in 580. Check how you can get to command prompt and change to right directory for the flash program, easiest would be to move it to C: root. Just copy amdvbflash to C:\. Do the same with the .ROM-file for RX570. Shut down PC, change to RX 570...

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Thanks for the feedback!! but how can i flash the bricked Card if it doesn't boot in the first place?
By booting with another GPU or iGPU and flashing the right card. When flashing you can choose which GPU to flash. I say choose but it really is a parameter you send to the flash-program.

amdvbflash.exe -i
Tells you what cards you have
-p <Num> <File> Write BIOS image in file <File> to flash ROM in Adapter <Num>.

Reactions: Borzalino14

Borzalino14

Reputable
Jun 8, 2020
By booting with another GPU or iGPU and flashing the right card. When flashing you can choose which GPU to flash. I say choose but it really is a parameter you send to the flash-program.

amdvbflash.exe -i
Tells you what cards you have
-p <Num> <File> Write BIOS image in file <File> to flash ROM in Adapter <Num>.
You mean unplugging my main gpu (rx 580)? and then plug in my bricked 570? sorry im not an expert about this flashing stuff. But can you clarify to me like from step one. May Mb has only 1 pcie slot and when i set my primary display to igpu it goes no signal on my monitor and at the same time the 570 was inserted. btw thanks for the feedback!!!

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED

Just one PCI-E slot? That's going to be quite a bit harder because you would have to do this blind.
Meaning without monitor output. First, plug in 580. Check how you can get to command prompt and change to right directory for the flash program, easiest would be to move it to C: root. Just copy amdvbflash to C:\. Do the same with the .ROM-file for RX570. Shut down PC, change to RX 570. Then you need to know the command you need to type. Then hope it works and wait til it's done. When is it done? Impossible to tell when you have no monitor output. Maybe wait 10-30 minutes and reboot.

So procedure would be something like this with RX570 installed:
  1. Wait till PC is in Windows desktop
  2. Winkey+R, type CMD, press Enter
  3. Type C:, press Enter
  4. Type amdvbflash and the parameters. I'm just guessing here but: amdvbflash -p 0 rx570bios.rom and press Enter.
  5. Wait til it's done and hope for the best. (10-30 mins comes in play here)
  6. Reboot.
You could practice on the RX 580. Use amdvbflash to make a copy of it's BIOS ROM. Then flash it back on it. That should teach you how to flash correctly. What parameters to use.

Solution
If the card does not claim PCIe resources this shaman dancing will not help you (the tool will not see the card). Check device manager when booted using integrated graphics and with 570 in the slot and look for it there. If it is not there, get a flasher and follow this.
If you do not have integrated graphics or other PCIe slot, the system will not boot and trying to do it blind is useless.

No you can’t boot with your 580 and than hot-plug something else, do it and you will likely brick something. This is a totally bad idea. Do not hot-plug PCIe devices.

As for getting the right BIOS file, make sure the memory strap matches memory ICs on your board, having similar model name and memory size is not enough. Post a good board photo (front and back) if you need help on that.

Last edited:

Borzalino14

Reputable
Jun 8, 2020
Meaning without monitor output. First, plug in 580. Check how you can get to command prompt and change to right directory for the flash program, easiest would be to move it to C: root. Just copy amdvbflash to C:\. Do the same with the .ROM-file for RX570. Shut down PC, change to RX 570. Then you need to know the command you need to type. Then hope it works and wait til it's done. When is it done? Impossible to tell when you have no monitor output. Maybe wait 10-30 minutes and reboot.

So procedure would be something like this with RX570 installed:
  1. Wait till PC is in Windows desktop
  2. Winkey+R, type CMD, press Enter
  3. Type C:, press Enter
  4. Type amdvbflash and the parameters. I'm just guessing here but: amdvbflash -p 0 rx570bios.rom and press Enter.
  5. Wait til it's done and hope for the best. (10-30 mins comes in play here)
  6. Reboot.
You could practice on the RX 580. Use amdvbflash to make a copy of it's BIOS ROM. Then flash it back on it. That should teach you how to flash correctly. What parameters to use.

Thanks for the feedback!! i was planning to do that solution of yours. I already fixed it i think the reason why i'm getting black screen or no post on my monitor when i set my primary display to igpu is because i didn't install the hd graphics yet? First i install the intel hd graphics with my working rx 580 and turn off my pc, Next is setting my primary display to igpu or igp and shutdown. Then i plugged my rx 570 which is DUAL BIOS BRICKED. because i flashed the primary bios and back up from techpower and got black screen.

Switched to back up bios that is working and flashing it with the rom that comes from techpower and it does actually not working once again. Now back to why i manage to fix it is contacting the sapphire support email and requesting a original bios which they required me the sn# and 2 other codes of numbers. Now i plugged the bricked rx 570 and change the ports of my hdmi to MONITOR---ON BOARD HDMI SLOT on my Mb. then it actually boots and flash it with command prompt because the amdvbflash always pops up mssg with subsystem id.

I was wondering that igpu or igp won't usually work if you had no intel hd graphics installed?
now i fixed 5 of those rx 570 with the same SKU# with 1 bios rom file
but thanks for all the feedback you guys are really helpful!!

Aug 2, 2020
The BIOSes on Techpowerup are for specific models. For example, if your card doesn't have the exact outputs techpowerups has, don't flash it. Everything should be exactly the same. Name, model, outputs, Video ram amount, clocks etc.
I tried to flash a new bios to see if I could solve my GPU fan issue (it was always on full load for no reason). I flashed the same bios as described for my gpu (sapphire rx 580 8g). But I got black screen. Do you know where can I get the stock bios?

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
I tried to flash a new bios to see if I could solve my GPU fan issue (it was always on full load for no reason). I flashed the same bios as described for my gpu (sapphire rx 580 8g). But I got black screen. Do you know where can I get the stock bios?

Techpowerup HAS the STOCK bioses. So if your card fails to boot, you flashed the wrong BIOS most likely.

Reactions: Lucaro94
Aug 2, 2020
Techpowerup HAS the STOCK bioses. So if your card fails to boot, you flashed the wrong BIOS most likely.
I chose the same Vbios as described of my GPU. Same model, brand, vram, and it was compatible with the three memory types. Do you know what possibly went wrong? I flashed it by cmd using ati.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
I chose the same Vbios as described of my GPU. Same model, brand, vram, and it was compatible with the three memory types. Do you know what possibly went wrong? I flashed it by cmd using ati.

It's been a while for me, flashing GPU BIOS. Did you do it in Windows or with the help of a bootdisk that only gives you a command prompt? It can be sensitive like that.

3 memory types? Shouldn't they all use different BIOS ROM then? Because most likely they will at least have different timings, I assume.