Question Help building PC from scratch for youtube gaming channel

Nov 5, 2023
Hello guys and thank you for the work / free advice you guys provide to us, I have a big favor to ask. I want to start a youtube gaming channel for my living / livelihood and I have a budget of $1000 to build a desktop PC . I don't know anything about gaming PCs but I heard its better when you build it yourself and that the deals maybe better around black friday/ cyber monday this time of year. Can you guys give me a list of components I should buy for a $1000 budget? I want the computer to be able to run adobe illustrator, microsoft word powerpoint, and davinci resolve video editor good if possible, but I really want it to be able to run any PC game at least decently if possible . United states, Georgia, McDonough if that matters/ helps, any assistance is appreciated.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
See link below. The more info you provide, the better the feedback from the community will be.

Ralston18

Titan
Begin by finding the recommended hardware specs for the applications and games you wish to use and play.

Most software products provide a listing of recommended hardware in the form of "minimal", "recommended", and "best".

You do not want "minimal" and you do want as much "best" as you can afford within budget.

Do not under estimate the need for a well rated PSU with sufficient wattage to support the end build with some extra wattage available.

FYI regarding PSUs:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Before buying any components go online and read the applicable end user documentation for any components being considered.

The Motherboard being the overall starting point. Read carefully.

Very likely that most documentation will refer to the manufacturer's website for more up to date information.

Read carefully - details matter.

As you read, plan out your build and assembly step by step. There is no need to rush.

Work in a clean well-lit area and be sure that you have the proper tools at hand. Nothing should need to be forced or modified in some manner. There is no need to rush through it. And if something goes astray or seems to be doing so then stop and back track as necessary to correct or solve the problem.

Be wary of online tutorials. Watch but pay attention - some may cut corners or simply be wrong.,

Nov 5, 2023
Sorry let me reframe my build question to make it better:

Main uses gaming and video editing. RPG Games like TellTales walking dead, 'the devil in me'/'The Quarry' dark anthology, Lords of the Fallen2023, Darkest Dungeon 2
Horror games as well such as Alien Isolation, Into the Backrooms
And I'll be doing video editing on it as well maybe using davinci resolve or something similar.

My budget is around $1000 USD

This is my idea for the build so far:

Case: MSI MAG Forge 112R Case
Motherboard: MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K CPU
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming DDR4 16GB (8GBx2) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) CL16 RAM
SSD: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2 SSD
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX™ 4060 VENTUS 2X BLACK 8G OC
Power S.: EVGA 850 GQ 80+ GOLD 850W Semi Modular PSU

What do you guys think?

Sorry let me reframe my build question to make it better:

Main uses gaming and video editing. RPG Games like TellTales walking dead, 'the devil in me'/'The Quarry' dark anthology, Lords of the Fallen2023, Darkest Dungeon 2
Horror games as well such as Alien Isolation, Into the Backrooms
And I'll be doing video editing on it as well maybe using davinci resolve or something similar.

My budget is around $1000 USD

This is my idea for the build so far:

Case: MSI MAG Forge 112R Case
Motherboard: MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K CPU
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming DDR4 16GB (8GBx2) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) CL16 RAM
SSD: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2 SSD
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX™ 4060 VENTUS 2X BLACK 8G OC
Power S.: EVGA 850 GQ 80+ GOLD 850W Semi Modular PSU

What do you guys think?
You can do better with that budget for your purposes, but that is not a bad start. You said you live in GA, are you near either of the Microcenter stores? Please check because they have deals in-store that are better than online prices. For a general build based on parts you can get online, I would do something like this.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor ($195.43 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($37.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 PG Riptide ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Redline Stiletto 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($77.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Twin Edge OC Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB Video Card ($369.99 @ Newegg)
Case: DIYPC S3-BK-ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($95.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $1011.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-11-09 12:21 EST-0500

Nov 5, 2023
Thank you for the advice @helper800. I got everything but will have to wait a day or two for the storage crucial P5 to come back into stock its currently out of stock.

Can anyone recommend me a mouse keyboard and monitor to go with my PC? I mean there not included in that part list right?

Thank you for the advice @helper800. I got everything but will have to wait a day or two for the storage crucial P5 to come back into stock its currently out of stock.

Can anyone recommend me a mouse keyboard and monitor to go with my PC? I mean there not included in that part list right?
A mouse and keyboard is often a very subjective item to choose so I put some quality placeholder items you may or may not like. The monitor I included is a very nice IPS 1080p monitor from ASUS that is a decent deal right now. Of course, monitors are also very subjective, in particular, the type of panel they use. The monitor i included is G-sync capable, just make sure the one that you get has no dead pixels or light bleeding on the edges of the monitor and you are good.

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: SK Hynix Gold P31 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($63.35 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG249CM 23.8" 1920 x 1080 270 Hz Monitor ($199.00 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Keychron K2 V2 Aluminum RGB Wireless Standard Keyboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G703 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Optical Mouse ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $432.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-11-27 11:35 EST-0500

Nov 5, 2023
Hey guys I put together my computer but i did some research and found out the 6700 XT maybe better than the 4060 ti for cheaper. What do you guys think should I just get a 6700 XT instead and is it compatible with my build?

Nov 5, 2023
Hello everyone I recently put together a brand new PC but found out the GPU, an 4060 Ti 8Gb at $430 might have been a bad choice. I am now seeking advice on which GPU would be the best fit for this build.

Here is the build:
CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 PG Riptide ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Redline Stiletto 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Storage: SK Hynix Gold P31 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Twin Edge OC Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB Video Card (Current Card about to refund ~$430)
Case: DIYPC S3-BK-ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

In addition, I have a AOC C27G2 1920x1080 Monitor

I am seeking to start a youtube gaming channel for my livelihood, and will be making heavy use of Davinci Resolve's video editing software. I'm trying to deliver a great, high settings, 1080p experience. I'm considering both the 6700XT and 6800XT cards, as I've heard good things about them online and on youtube, but I'm not decided on them. but I'll keep the 4060 Ti if thats what you guys recommend. I'll have a ~$500 budget for the GPU once I get that refund.

What's the best card for this build? And am I better off aiming for a 1440p experience with this build and if so what card would that be?

I'm planning on mostly making videos but I maybe streaming at times also, whichever is best to build the channel. I'm going to be playing a variety of games but mainly singleplayer story and horror games like Telltale, Resident Evil, Alien Isolation etc if that matters.
Any suggestions are very much appreciated.