Help: Can't install Catalyst Control Centre, Win 7 64-bit

rofldinho

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
Hi,

I have a Radeon 4850 1GB. I recently re-installed Windows 7 64-bit (Ultimate) after switching from an AMD to an Intel cpu. After completing installation and updating motherboard drivers and Windows, I tried installing ATI's CCC 10.8 - however, it will only install the "ATI Catalyst Install Manager", along with the HDMI Audio Driver and a free 10-day trial of Lord of the Rings Online.

During installation, it feels as though it should be installing other drivers/software, however it sort of skips installation after a few seconds and goes to 100% very quickly.

I have tried numerous ways to get it to install the whole package, and have also tried the driver-only version. I tried removing all drivers, all remnants of ATI on my system, using DriverSweeper, but the install never completes properly, and I'm left with nothing but the Install Manager.

I did manage to update the drivers manually to ATI's drivers from the files initially unpacked onto the hard drive, however I would like the full control center to adjust graphics etc.

After failing to install with 10.8, I tried earlier versions of the ATI's Catalyst suites, including 10.2 which worked fine on Windows 7 64-bit prior to the reinstall. No matter what I try, only the Catalyst Install Manager and HDMI audio driver get installed, nothing else.

My system is:

Radeon 4850
i5 760
4gb RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
P7P55D Pro

Anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

rofldinho

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
Hi, I have finally managed to get it installed properly. Seemed like Windows kept installing it's own ATI drivers after each reboot/clean, so the Install Manager didn't bother to install the ATI drivers after that. Deleting the driver software through device manager (checking the box for 'delete driver software' when uninstalling driver) eventually seems to have done the trick.

rofldinho

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010

I have Antec Earthwatts 500.

rofldinho

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010

Yes, I used safe mode to remove drivers and run DriverSweeper. However, Windows still installed it's own drivers after reboot. Safe Mode would not let me install the Catalst Control Centre as it would say "fail to load detection drivers" during installation.