Help! Cant load past windows logo even for sys repair and windows disk startup

Seanjcarey19

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
Just today I encoutered an error with my computer. It cant go past any of the windows logos including repair and disk boot. I have been dealing with a DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE but i dont know if the 2 are related.

Specs:
MSI 970A SLI Krait edition mother board
AMD R9 380 gpu
1 tb hd
400 mb ssd
400 mb hd
16 gb same brand ram
AMD FX Black Edition 8800?(dont qoute me on thay) 8 core

Solution
Solution

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
It's simple, it's your Boot Manager.

Your Boot Manager works to boot your machine into Windows, so whenever you can't, it's almost always because of an issue with the Boot Manager.

You can try running Startup Repair. If that doesn't work, and there's a chance it won't, then get Windows 7 installation media and re-install the OS.

Regardless, when you are up and running you should download either Macrium reflect or RollBack Rx and run a backup of your machine in case it happens again.

Seanjcarey19

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
I only have 1 hard drive with files the rest are just unused. I tried disabling the one with files and downloading windows to the other drives. Again at the windows logo it just freezes so i cant use the disk to repair or the built in system repair. So overall no repair software works. I do have acess to my EFI Shell and i heard you can trouble shoot through that but im unsure about that. Is there anything i could do in the EFI shell to help???