Question HELP! Can't post, CPU and RAM not detected

Aug 28, 2024
Im trying to build my first PC but unfortunately have run into this issue. The EZ Debug LEDs on my MSI motherboard light up red and orange (CPU and RAM not working) when turning on the computer.

I made sure that both CPU power cables are plugged in. I've tried booting with only one stick of memory. I then tried flashing the bios with the latest bios update via USB with the flash bios button. The bios flashing light blinked for about 5 minutes then stopped blinking and restarted, so I assume flashing worked. This didn't fix the issue. I then removed the CPU to check for any broken pins but it looked fine (it's very hard to see the pins though). I then reinstalled the CPU and reseated the memory, but it still won't post.

Unfortunately I don't have another B650 board or CPU or DDR5 memory to swap out, so if one of the components is failing, I'm unsure which one it is.

I'm out of ideas so I'm all ears for a solution! Even if that solution is to return the motherboard, but fingers crossed that isn't the problem.

- Parts -
Motherboard: MSI B650M GAMING PLUS WIFI
Power supply: Corsair SF750
CPU: Ryzen 7600
Memory: TeamGroup T-Create Expert 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30

Aug 12, 2024
First thing that came to mind as a fellow MSI board owner is... how long are you waiting when the red and orange lights come on before you power it off?

Reason I ask is because my first power on had me waiting almost 2 minutes for the post... I believe it's called "memory training." Subsequent boots are much faster... but I still see a red and orange light turn on for a moment prior to post.

(I've built plenty over the years but not an expert on the tech reasons behind why stuff does what it does)