Help choosing a UPS system for my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
Hey there,

My new place is wild with the power surges. I've already gone through 3 routers and 2 home network switches in 4 months. Sooo I'm investing in a UPS system. However I'm unsure if I'm going to need two or I can get away with one. As for run time, I'd only want at most an hour to safely shut things down (in case I'm in the middle of a gaming session and need to get a save point lol might need a bit more than 11 minutes that some have advertised).

What I'm looking to surge protect:

My PC:
  1. 900w psu:
    1. gtx 1080ti ftw3
    2. i7 4790k
    3. kraken x62 liquid cooler
    4. 1 ssd, 3 hard drives
    5. 2 usb 3.0 devices
    6. LED 55" tv (2018)
    7. 27" LED Samsung monitors (x2 - 2010)
when I used a wattage calculator the estimated total LOAD wattage was around 583 watts.​

TV from above
PS4
Sony STR-DN1080 (7.1) sound system, with all 7 speakers connected (6ohms each)
tp link router
network switch

I have these all plugged into a surge protector but doesn't seem to do enough, especially when the surge travels through the ethernet cable and then there's the power outages that randomly happen when there's even a light storm -_- lol I don't know what the hell kind of "new" neighbourhood this is but I am definitely going to move out soon in the mean time I need to protect my equipment lol.

Any helps is appreciated. I can budget up to $1200 CAD.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 14196

I doubt anything you can buy is going to give you an hour to shut down

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
I doubt anything you can buy is going to give you an hour to shut down

well at most that's what I'm looking for, I'm fine with even 20 minutes. Rather save my equipment than my gaming progress so it's fine if I have to alt f4 and then initiate shut down.

D

Deleted member 14196

I would look into a line conditioner if I had power problems like you do and that UPS combined with that for the computer system

I only use Tripplite equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.