Question [HELP] CPU clock speed stuck at 600mhz

hussain_mdj

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
I have a Ryzen 5 1600. Every time i open my PC, everything was loading very slow like a 90's computer. When I looked at the clock speed in HW monitor, it showed the CPU clock speed as 600Mhz. So I tried tweaking the BIOS, I OC'd the processor to 4.0Ghz (Stable at 1.35v)but the computer still starts up at 600MHz. I tried to set the CPU at its default speed and voltage, still it starts up with 600Mhz. I tried enabling and disabling XMP but still the same. I also reset all my bios settings to default. But still the same. I'm using Ryzen Master to restart my PC at normal clock speed rebooting it every time. {PC runs at 600Mhz every time I switch it on, everything is super slow, so i open Ryzen master ,and apply the default speed so it reboots and then the CPU is at its default clock speed} . I basically need to start my PC twice to run it at default clock speed. Open it the first time, open Ryzen master, apply, the PC reboots, stable clock speed. But after i shut down, its the same cycle. It again resets to 600Mhz. Thermals are fine. Sensors show normal temperatures. Also my PC's power plan is at High Performance. So i don't know what to do

Things i tried doing :-
1. Using different Clock speeds and Voltage in the BIOS (Changing this has no effect it always stays the same)
2. Enabling and Disabling XMP
3. Changing my power plan to High Performance
4. Checked the Temperatures everything is normal
5. Installed Windows 10 freshly on a clean SSD. (Tried to install old and new versions but still no effect). Also wiped HDD for no reason at all.
6. Checked the Cable which goes from PSU to CPU on the Motherboard , removed it and made sure it sat there nicely.
I found no solution for this problem for AMD processors. For Intel processors a third party application can be used but it only works on Intel.

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600
GPU - Gigabyte RX570
PSU - Corsair CX 550
MOBO - AsRock B450 Pro4
RAM - 8x2 Gskill 3000Mhz

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Looks like you don't have a clr cmos button or even a clr cmos jumper so yeah -
  1. Power off the computer and unplug the power cord.
  2. Locate the CMOS Battery
  3. Use a small flat headed screw driver to push the pin holding the battery in place, then lift the battery out of the socket.
  4. Leave the battery out of the socket for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Place the battery back into the socket
  6. Plug in and power on your computer as you would normally

hussain_mdj

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
Looks like you don't have a clr cmos button or even a clr cmos jumper so yeah -
  1. Power off the computer and unplug the power cord.
  2. Locate the CMOS Battery
  3. Use a small flat headed screw driver to push the pin holding the battery in place, then lift the battery out of the socket.
  4. Leave the battery out of the socket for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Place the battery back into the socket
  6. Plug in and power on your computer as you would normally
Still the same