[SOLVED] Help/Feedback with my first custom pc

Dec 20, 2021
Hi lovely people!

I'm thinking of getting a brand new PC, and was looking for a bit of guidance.
I have an okay knowledge about PC build, but would appreciate any kind of help.
If anyone could take a look at my pc build and perhaps tell me if it's a great pc build?
Feel free to give any feedback, thanks <3

• My pc build:
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 3.4 GHz Processor
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63
- GPU: ASUS TUF-RTX3080TI
- Ram: T-Force Xtreem ARGB - 32GB: 2x16GB - DDR4
- PC Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120
- Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
- PSU: Gigabyte P850GM 850W 80 PLUS Gold
- Case: NZXT H series H510 Elite Sort

• Questions:
- Is this build great? Any kind of feedback of good or bad is much appreciated. Thanks
- Is my current PSU enough to power this build?
- I am thinking of upgrading to an Lian Li Mini at some point, but would my components fitt in this case? And would the PSU fit aswell? if not any tips to another?

Thanks alot for all the help :)

Solution
Hey there,

Solid build. No real issues, except for the B450- F maybe, which is possibly on the light side for VRM's which I think are 6+2 phase. With a 5950x in there, you might look for something a bit more robust. The ASUS ROG Strix B550-F has a 12+2 phase so your VRM's will be cooler and won't potentially throttle your system, and be better if you want to use PBO or Auto OC features to get some more mghz from the CPU.

Is your PSU the GP-P850GM ? If it's that model, you might reconsider given that some of those units have failed and even exploded when paired with certain RTX cards: https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/17/...ies-psus-gp-p850gm-gp-p750gm-exchange-returns

I have the same SSD as...
Hey there,

Solid build. No real issues, except for the B450- F maybe, which is possibly on the light side for VRM's which I think are 6+2 phase. With a 5950x in there, you might look for something a bit more robust. The ASUS ROG Strix B550-F has a 12+2 phase so your VRM's will be cooler and won't potentially throttle your system, and be better if you want to use PBO or Auto OC features to get some more mghz from the CPU.

Is your PSU the GP-P850GM ? If it's that model, you might reconsider given that some of those units have failed and even exploded when paired with certain RTX cards: https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/17/...ies-psus-gp-p850gm-gp-p750gm-exchange-returns

I have the same SSD as yours. Even though it's not the faster PCIe4 version, it's a stellar boot drive.

Edit: Also what speed is your ram? Ideally you want to be going for 3600mhz or higher with low CL rating.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi lovely people!

I'm thinking of getting a brand new PC, and was looking for a bit of guidance.
I have an okay knowledge about PC build, but would appreciate any kind of help.
If anyone could take a look at my pc build and perhaps tell me if it's a great pc build?
Feel free to give any feedback, thanks <3

• My pc build:
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 3.4 GHz Processor
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63
- GPU: ASUS TUF-RTX3080TI
- Ram: T-Force Xtreem ARGB - 32GB: 2x16GB - DDR4
- PC Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120
- Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
- PSU: Gigabyte P850GM 850W 80 PLUS Gold
- Case: NZXT H series H510 Elite Sort

• Questions:
- Is this build great? Any kind of feedback of good or bad is much appreciated. Thanks
- Is my current PSU enough to power this build?
- I am thinking of upgrading to an Lian Li Mini at some point, but would my components fitt in this case? And would the PSU fit aswell? if not any tips to another?

Thanks alot for all the help :)
Looks good till you get to that PSU you listed. It may be a timebomb. I suggest a Corsair RM850x for your specs. If that NZXT case has a glass front it may cause heat issues. Mesh front would be much better.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Dec 20, 2021
Hey there,

I have the same SSD as yours. Even though it's not the faster PCIe4 version, it's a stellar boot drive.

Edit: Also what speed is your ram? Ideally you want to be going for 3600mhz or higher with low CL rating.

thanks alot for your feedback, i have chosen the motherboard B550-F
my ram is “T-Force Xtreem ARGB - 32GB: 2x16GB - DDR4 - 3600MHz - DIMM 288-PIN”