[SOLVED] Help finding a good PSU

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
Hello guys I hope you are all having a good day, I am thinking of eventually upgrading my gpu to a gtx 1660 or a 2060 or a 5600xt, and I need your help to know what kind of psu do I need.
Im also thinking of upgrading my PSU cuz I have a 500watts one built in a case of a versa h23 thermaltake , the case has been modded by me already and I want to leave it I like the case and how I got it.
But I know the PSU its crappy and more for the gpu I already have a gtx 1060 ftw 6 gb acx 3.0. SO I wanna know if these PSU are compatible in size and model with my case and will be good when I upgrade my gpu in the future and now with my current component.
Thank you in advance. My system down below
My system: AMD Ryzwn 2600x, ram 16gb crucial, GPU Nvidia Gtx 1060 6gb
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/bronce-...words=power+supply+unit&qid=1614448379&sr=8-9

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Reactions: jimenezbcg
Solution

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
thank you very much for the suggestion I believe this would be perfect

Now, if you get more ambitious and go after a 5700xt or snag one of the newest GPUs, you'll likely want to go 650W (and 750W in the case of the 3080/6800xt). But the Corsair CX 550, a solid budget offering -- there's a reason it's almost invariably recommended on a budget -- can handle any of the GPUs youv'e mentioned.

I linked you the non-modular one for a reason, too. There's a modular and non-modular version but the non-modular version is actually a more modern platform. Usually modular ones are preferred, but there's a very specific reason to prefer the non-modular one here!

Reactions: jimenezbcg

jimenezbcg

Reputable
Jul 10, 2018
Now, if you get more ambitious and go after a 5700xt or snag one of the newest GPUs, you'll likely want to go 650W (and 750W in the case of the 3080/6800xt). But the Corsair CX 550, a solid budget offering -- there's a reason it's almost invariably recommended on a budget -- can handle any of the GPUs youv'e mentioned.

I linked you the non-modular one for a reason, too. There's a modular and non-modular version but the non-modular version is actually a more modern platform. Usually modular ones are preferred, but there's a very specific reason to prefer the non-modular one here!
[/QUOTE
The PSU you recommended me, just got home, I thank you very much for your suggestion.