Question Help finding pcie cables that work with my psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2020
I got the 3090 from evga and it came in today. I was expecting a pcie cable to come with it but it did not. I now need another 2x8 pin pcie connector that wont destroy my computer. The psu I have is " ROSEWILL PHOTON 1200W 80 PLUS GOLD FULL MODULAR POWER SUPPLY." Where can I buy a cable that is compatible with my psu? It has to be a 12 pin that plugs into the psu to 2x8 pin for whatever it plugs into, in this case being the graphics card.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I got the 3090 from evga and it came in today. I was expecting a pcie cable to come with it but it did not. I now need another 2x8 pin pcie connector that wont destroy my computer. The psu I have is " ROSEWILL PHOTON 1200W 80 PLUS GOLD FULL MODULAR POWER SUPPLY." Where can I buy a cable that is compatible with my psu? It has to be a 12 pin that plugs into the psu to 2x8 pin for whatever it plugs into, in this case being the graphics card.

Hi @NinjaDog,

1st off, Welcome to Toms!

2nd, you got a 3090?! Sweet! What were you upgrading from?

3rd, you spend that much $$ and EVGA didn't even have the courtesy to supply the correct power molex?? Wow.. You sure its not in the box somewhere? Anyways, here you go. 1 & 2

Let us know how it runs!!

Last edited:
Did you lose some of your cables? You should have plenty with that PSU. Any cables that plug in to the back of your PSU should come from Rosewill unless they state specifically that they are compatible with your exact Rosewill model.

You should have three 12-pin cables that came with the PSU, two that each have a pair of (6+2) 8-pin connectors and one cable that has four (6+2) 8-pin PCIe connectors for a total of 8 connectors.

Which EVGA 3090 did you get? There's 5 models that I see and 2 of them require three PCIe (6+2) 8-pin connectors. The other 3 models use two (6+6) 8-pin PCIe connectors.

Just to be clear, these are the cables you need? I could not find them anywhere. Maybe someone else will have better luck. You may have to contact Rosewill support or have custom cables made.

RWKNEGv.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.