so I put together a PC and ordered (new and old parts):

R5 3600 (stock cooler) (Used)
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600
Gigabyte B450M DS3H (used)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
Corsair RM750 (Used)
Elsa RX 5700XT (Used)
DeepCool CH370 Case

Today I put it together and turned it on but it didn't work. Power supply plug and switch checked, everything fits. All cables checked, also fit. Ram slots exchanged and nevertheless it did not go on, thus completely dismantled and put the Mainboard on the cardboard and only plugged in the power 24pin , CPU 8pin (FAN also) and PCIE pin (GPU), and then by bridging the PowerSW pins I tried to start the PC, however again nothing ran. So I checked if the power supply is dead, did the paperclip test and it works, so there is nothing wrong with the power supply. GPU had been tested at the sellers home and the PC did not start with or without graphics card, so it works too. RAM I am sure that it has no problems, because its new from Amazon. At the processor should actually be nothing, was picked up on-site although not tested, but he personally said that it runs perfectly. SSD also no problems. Btw I tried the Cmos thing didn't work tho. Is my thesis correct that the motherboard is probably dead and if so, what could I do to be sure or to fix it if possible? The motherboard was paid with buyer protection should therefore be no problem to get the money back.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me somehow.

Sep 25, 2023
How can you be sure your RAM has no issues? Just because you bought it new from Amazon doesn't mean it will function properly on arrival. Try starting with one stick first.

Sep 27, 2023
How can you be sure your RAM has no issues? Just because you bought it new from Amazon doesn't mean it will function properly on arrival. Try starting with one stick first.
I tried using each stick alone, on different ramslots, so I thought I could be sure

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Good day to yall,

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
Corsair RM750 (Used)
Elsa RX 5700XT (Used)
DeepCool CH370 Case

Today I put it together and turned it on but it didn't work. Power supply plug and switch checked, everything fits. All cables checked, also fit. Ram slots exchanged and nevertheless it did not go on, thus completely dismantled and put the Mainboard on the cardboard and only plugged in the power 24pin , CPU 8pin (FAN also) and PCIE pin (GPU), and then by bridging the PowerSW pins I tried to start the PC, however again nothing ran. So I checked if the power supply is dead, did the paperclip test and it works, so there is nothing wrong with the power supply. GPU had been tested at the sellers home and the PC did not start with or without graphics card, so it works too. RAM I am sure that it has no problems, because its new from Amazon. At the processor should actually be nothing, was picked up on-site although not tested, but he personally said that it runs perfectly. SSD also no problems. Btw I tried the Cmos thing didn't work tho. Is my thesis correct that the motherboard is probably dead and if so, what could I do to be sure or to fix it if possible? The motherboard was paid with buyer protection should therefore be no problem to get the money back.

The paper clip test doesn't prove the integrity of the PSU. One would need to check the voltages to do that.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Im so defeated. Im gonna sell every part and get a prebuilt
I'd just take it to a shop and let them troubleshoot it. Frequently, the only way one can determine a problem is by substituting a known good part, and they will have parts. Don't feel defeated - persistence beats everything and we only learn when things go wrong. I've been working in electronics since 1963, and I'm stumped sometimes. It's a learning experience.

FAhentai

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2016
Good day to yall,

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
Corsair RM750 (Used)
Elsa RX 5700XT (Used)
DeepCool CH370 Case

mate, if the bios never got updated, then, it can not support R5 3600.
And also, 1). Check the power cable, together with the extension power board, some of them come with a fuse and once it is overloaded, there is a pin goes out, make sure you push it back
2). Try another PSU