[SOLVED] Help fixing pc after AIO installation, problem remains after removal of AIO?

Sep 3, 2019
As the post describes I recently installed a AIO (Corsair H100i) specifically and ever since my pc had been studdering, randomly having slow downs where the pc is clearly thinking, and FPS issues going from 15-100 frames no matter the game or settings. I even uninstalled the AIO thinking Icue might be the issue and despite multiple other attempts with other programs did a complete fresh reinstall of the whole system only for the issue to continue and even get worse. Unsure what to do now and willing to respond to any questions to deduce the problem, as well as move my post to another form section if I’m not in the right place.

Specs below:

ASUS prime z370-A motherboard
Rtx 2070 duke edition
I5-8400 cpu
1- WD Blue terra-bite hard drive
1- M.2 SSD 970 Evo
750 watt power supply (Gold/EVGA)
4 sticks of Corsair dominator platinum RBG, 32gb in total.
3 Corsair LL 120mm fans
2 140mm fans

Solution
Ya, forgot to mention that part. First installation seemed off and paste seemed too minimum for application so I reinstalled it. However in both times temps were monitored and fine. Never above 50c or so, which seemed ok to me even under heavy load for a couple of hours. I took the AIO off and replaced it with an air cooler temporarily I had lying around. Temps rose to 70c, but no higher and expected since it’s not a great cooler. Issue persisted and the AIO has not been placed back on since hoping to avoid whatever issue started this mess when I did a full clean install. Issue like you know however persisted, temps still fine.

Think it’s possibly something got damaged when I placed the AIO on the first time? It’s a running...
Sep 3, 2019
Ya, forgot to mention that part. First installation seemed off and paste seemed too minimum for application so I reinstalled it. However in both times temps were monitored and fine. Never above 50c or so, which seemed ok to me even under heavy load for a couple of hours. I took the AIO off and replaced it with an air cooler temporarily I had lying around. Temps rose to 70c, but no higher and expected since it’s not a great cooler. Issue persisted and the AIO has not been placed back on since hoping to avoid whatever issue started this mess when I did a full clean install. Issue like you know however persisted, temps still fine.

Think it’s possibly something got damaged when I placed the AIO on the first time? It’s a running suggestion from a friend of mine that the CPU or MOBO might be?

Think it’s possibly something got damaged when I placed the AIO on the first time? It’s a running suggestion from a friend of mine that the CPU or MOBO might be?

Then you should look at your hdd/ssd or wherever you OS is installed. Try another fresh install on another drive. Hanging in OS environment is usually a drive issue. You can run some tests for your drive to check it;s health before changing anything

Solution
Sep 3, 2019
Then you should look at your hdd/ssd or wherever you OS is installed. Try another fresh install on another drive. Hanging in OS environment is usually a drive issue. You can run some tests for your drive to check it;s health before changing anything
Checked the drives already in command prompt with both showing ok. The studdering is most apparent when any task is high end or many tasks are running. Loading Issues it seems even the most basic tasks that were once quick before pausing. I’ll reinstall on the hdd since my OS was on my SSD and update you, thanks.

Sep 3, 2019
Ok so the studdering has stopped when booted on the hard drive, how on earth my m.2 got damaged or buggy I’m unsure. I noticed briefly when I first placed the AIO into the system the first day my m.2 fan not running in bios, thought it was normal since I hardly look there. Think this could have damaged it since I tested the AIO for a couple of hours then started having issues? If so any way to check?

Sep 3, 2019
Ok so the studdering has stopped when booted on the hard drive, how on earth my m.2 got damaged or buggy I’m unsure. I noticed briefly when I first placed the AIO into the system the first day my m.2 fan not running in bios, thought it was normal since I hardly look there. Think this could have damaged it since I tested the AIO for a couple of hours then started having issues? If so any way to check?
Just got the issue again posting this. I just installed iCUE software. How could this effect my frames though it was fine before? Also something known as “system interruptions” is getting higher on my cpu. Not sure if iCUE is related or simply more programs added to this.

Sep 3, 2019
Issue happened again even after a full reinstall. Can’t be just iCUE. I’m replacing parts tomorrow thinking is cpu related. Unless anyone’s got ideas or wants to post suggestions this sounds like an issue I’m forced to deal with alone. Thanks for what help I did get.