Question Help! Glitching Networking Activities

Jun 9, 2019
Hi guys,
So I just built a new desktop and have a huge problem with my online activity, it's glitching everywhere.

Specs:
  • Motherboard: Asrock fatal1ty b450 gaming-itx/ac
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • RAM: 32gb Ripjaws v ddr4-3000
  • GPU: EVGA RTX 2070
  • Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
Seagate SHDD 1TB

Problems: Every online stuffs is glitched randomly
1. Can't load webpages (especially with google service like gmail or youtube)

- Youtube sometime load only the video player but nothing else, I can't even click on anything.
youtube.png

- Gmail sometime stuck at this loading screen forever

Even if it's able to load gmail, the interface is all mess-up

- Almost every websites' interface is all mess-up (sometime): unable to load image/ videos, glitched images, glitched videos, random html text, random javascript text. At the worse case, the website is just refuse to load at all, just a blank white screen. And it doesn't stop at browsers only, even my Steam feed is also a mess.
steam1.png

2. Can't play online games (Dota 2 - this is the only online game I play)

- Everytime I try to engage in an online activities like play with other people, watch live games, etc, the game would crash with this error. (seems like buffer-overflow error)
dota.png

- However, if I play with bot or just stay at the main menu, everything is fine. All of my offline games (GTA V, City Skyline, etc) works great too.

3. Downloaded files get corrupted constantly

- Everytime I download any files, it has >80% chances of being corrupted and can't be run, especially with *.exe (installer) or zipped files.
corrupted-2.png

• I checked the MD5 hash of these corrupted file and compare it to the normal one, they are indeed different.
  • All the program that I download from a different computer and copy back to this computer (via usb) is running and installing just fine.

Things I have tried:
  • Reinstalling windows
  • Update everything to the newest driver
  • Run memtest86 because I thought this might be a memory problem (passed)
  • Check the SSD and the HDD with CrystalDiskInfo, they are all in 'Good' health condition
  • Switching between wireless and ethernet.
  • Reset my router.
  • Using my phone (which do online stuffs just fine) as USB tethering because I thought it might be a wifi card hardware problem, same thing.
  • running "ping [host-name] -t" for many sites (that I have experience glitched) like youtube, facebook, gmail, sg1-valve.com (Dota 2 SE server) for hours and have loss-packages = 0%
  • Run stress-test on my CPU because why the heck not, I already tried everything.

I seriously having no idea wtf is going on. All the offline functions are great, workings normally. All the others devices: phone, ipad, laptop are also working without any problems. I don't even know what I should do anymore? T__T
Thank you,

How long did you let Memtest run? Have it run overnight at least because it may be RAM patterns (content) that fails that it take Memtest several hours to reach.

The other thing I like you to test is to boot up using a Linux Live-CD/USB (not installing) and see if the system run smooth or not. Good Linux distros for this purpose is Linux Mint, Ubuntu, etc (those that are assumed user friendly for windows users).
Do Youtube and see if it still are problem with glitches?

Purpose with this is to get a indication if the problem are related to software/drivers or hardware.

Jun 9, 2019
How long did you let Memtest run? Have it run overnight at least because it may be RAM patterns (content) that fails that it take Memtest several hours to reach.

The other thing I like you to test is to boot up using a Linux Live-CD/USB (not installing) and see if the system run smooth or not. Good Linux distros for this purpose is Linux Mint, Ubuntu, etc (those that are assumed user friendly for windows users).
Do Youtube and see if it still are problem with glitches?

Purpose with this is to get a indication if the problem are related to software/drivers or hardware.

Thank you so much for reply.

yesterday, I ran memtest for like 3-4 hrs( 2 passes, 13 tests/pass), no errors

I also tried ubuntu today and the result is not good.
  • I can visit Youtube, Gmail without glitches, However, I still experience with some websites not fully loaded / not even load at all (require multiple refreshes to load the website properly). But it's definitely better than before.
  • Can't install many packages, either via Ubuntu App store or "sudo apt-get". Ubuntu App store is straight up refuse to download (and load very slowly) and "sudo apt-get install" (almost) always return "E: unable to locate package <package-name>"
  • Ubuntu crashes constantly, the OS just freezes after ~20 mins of use (not sure if it's the usb problem or my computer problem)

I will run memtest overnight today too.

Jun 9, 2019
It almost seems like the problem is related to the network card itself.

Do you have a Wifi add-in card? If yes, try to disable the wifi card connect to your router using a cat5 cable and see if you get better results then.

I already try multiple form of connection either via wifi, cat5, usb tethering from phone, bluetooth tethering from phone and none of them change anything

I rerun memtest overnight and let it run for 4 passes instead of 2, and sure enough, there was 4 errors (test 6 [Block Move]) on the third pass. The other passes report no error.

However, here is the wtf part. Because I had narrowed down what test reports errors (test 6). I re-ran that test on each individual ram (I have 2 16gb sticks) for 4 passes: No detected error. WTF...

I also updated the BIOS to the lastest version, still nothing change.

I'm so confuse...

No, if you detect RAM problems with two sticks, and none problems with only one stick installed, that suggest that the mainboard maybe doesn't support those stick fully.

Or : there ARE a problem with one of the ram sticks, but if you don't make it to run for enough time, the error isn't detected.

In general for Memtest, run it overnight for every test should provide a solid indication if the RAM is healty or not.

Jun 9, 2019
No, if you detect RAM problems with two sticks, and none problems with only one stick installed, that suggest that the mainboard maybe doesn't support those stick fully.

Or : there ARE a problem with one of the ram sticks, but if you don't make it to run for enough time, the error isn't detected.

In general for Memtest, run it overnight for every test should provide a solid indication if the RAM is healty or not.

OMG, You re right, my motherboard doesn't officially support my Ram modules. I will buy new Rams tmr and see if it changes anything.

Thanks you

Jun 9, 2019

But then again, how does this has anything to do with "glitched network activities". I mean if the ram is faulty, it should results in glitching the entire computer instead of just the "online" part.