HELP : How to have an SSD and 2 1TB Harddrives in Raid 1

Jul 6, 2012
can someone help me?
I want to set up and SSD to have OS on and then have 2 1tb HDD's in Raid 1.
ive installed windows on SSD, went to bios, created raid1 with the 2 HDD's.
then when i boot from raid bluescreen because its trying to boot ssd in raid but when i change it back to ide then the raid harddrives dont show up under my computer.
Can someone advise me on how to make this work, ive seen it before so i presume it does.

okay after you set the two hard drives in bios you should have went to bios and have your SSD os as first to boot from and everything else disabled
why would you boot from raid if there is no os installed there?
when you change sata mode from raid to ide it basically means you change the raid virtual configuration of your two drives to two single drives (mode)

finitekomos

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

If the Raided drive is showing up properly in the RAID BIOS, but not within the Operating System you should try the following:-

1. Initialise the RAID Drive from within the BIOS.
2. Make sure you have up to date RAID Controller Drivers installed in your OS.
3. Load Disk Manager and see if the device is detected, it may simply be that the OS has not mounted the device, or it has not associated a drive letter with it. That can be done with in the disk/storage manager.

Jul 6, 2012
okay, i went into disk management, when i right click on any of the two disks it only gives me the option to create a simple, spanned or striped volumes. ive tried converting them to MBR, GPT and Dynamic disks, same options. created simple volumes but and still no options to mirror.
once i created simple volumes it deletes my raid in the raid screen after bios (Ctrl I).

really need help with this :D

Jul 6, 2012
okay, i went into disk management, when i right click on any of the two disks it only gives me the option to create a simple, spanned or striped volumes. ive tried converting them to MBR, GPT and Dynamic disks, same options. created simple volumes but and still no options to mirror.
once i created simple volumes it deletes my raid in the raid screen after bios (Ctrl I).

really need help with this