Question Help i messed up my display trying to get dual monitors to work.

Sep 30, 2024
so I bought an HDMI to display cable and tried to get them both to work, but when I plugged them both in, they both were stuck at 60 Hz. I decided just to switch my HDMI to HDMI cable back to my 1440p monitor and try to figure it out later but now my 1440p monitor is stuck at 60z. I have a 1660 ti GPU and before I tried running dual monitor it was running at 144. I already tried going to Windows display settings and going to the Nvidia control panel. All it says on the Nvidia control panel is that the recommended resolution is 1080, 1440 x1080.

Sep 30, 2024
Check that you are using the correct type cable (gen). Go into your monitor settings, if applicable, and see if you need to set anything there for the higher refresh rate.
turns out you were right the cable I got could only output 60hz, went to Best Buy and bought a display cable to and now have 180 hz on my new monitor. Still, when I plug my HDMI cable in it's still stuck at 60hz and 1080p. Weird I know but anyway thanks for your help I now run dual monitors now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts