[SOLVED] Help! Internet connection issues only with certain applications and programmes

Andyneedsfood

Reputable
May 8, 2017
I think i may have a connection issue. But it only affects certain applications and programs. For instance, Steam works, Origin works, blizzard works, Google chrome works perfectly however, Epic games doesnt work and Windows updates seem to also not work too and so does skype. I dont know what the issue is and have restarted my PC and my router several times already. I even unplugged my Lan cable, power cable to the router as well as restarted my pc by switching off the power supply. Nothing seems to help. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated. :) I have also have also ran all applications and programmes listed above on my laptop before just to see if it was just my main PC and my laptop ran all the applications normally like they should.

Some information about my PC
CPU : I7 7700k
Motherboard : Asus z270 A prime
power supply : Corsair cx650m

currently using windows 10 Version 10.0.17134

Using Lan cable

i dont know if this is useful but this is my ookla test result
ookla internet test result

kanewolf

Titan

Andyneedsfood

Reputable
May 8, 2017
thank you for the quick reply!
I have just done what the article told me to do and mannualy changed the Dns server address. However the problem is still here and that hasnt done the trick.
I have also done a scan and no viruses have shown up.
do you have any other suggestions ?

Andyneedsfood

Reputable
May 8, 2017
i have just done that and my server says
server : dns . google
i have also tried this with the auromatic dns server adress and found out that when on automatic, the dns server changes to unknown (i also flushed dns with every try just in case) however, when changing back to the manual dns server of 8.8.8.8 , the server changes back to google.

Andyneedsfood

Reputable
May 8, 2017
i tried it with windowsupdate.microsoft.com is that the correct domain?
sorry i am very very new to this stuff this is literally my first time dealing with connectivity issues
thank you so much for putting up with this

kanewolf

Titan
Solution