Question HELP: Low CPU and GPU usage in almost every game causing low fps and stutters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FastbackNL

Honorable
May 27, 2019
Well, not bad necessarily, but unusual. It normally runs at 1.35 volts for XMP. It could be that, that particular set has a more aggressive voltage. Kinda like it's manually set. It seems a tad on the high side.
Thanks for the response. Btw here is a screenshot of almost everything in MSI Afterburner, maybe you can find something weird. As you can see, the usage and my fps are weirdly low for this game (Hell let loose). https://ibb.co/kcrC9SD

Had 550 W before, that was silver rated. This one is gold. Really can't find the name of it
the supposed wattage and the efficiency rating(bronze, silver, gold, etc) have nothing at all to do with the quality/reliability of the unit.

if you can't remember the model, then i would guess it isn't one worth remembering?

this could very well be your issue if it is a lower quality unit that can't provide a steady high level of power while gaming/stressing the system.
with fluctuations into lower levels the components may be "throttling" do to lack of available power.

Last edited:

FastbackNL

Honorable
May 27, 2019
the supposed wattage and the efficiency rating(bronze, silver, gold, etc) have nothing at all to do with the quality/reliability of the unit.

if you can't remember the model, then i would guess it isn't one worth remembering?

this could very well be your issue if it is a lower quality unit that can't provide a steady high level of power while gaming/stressing the system.
with fluctuations into lower levels the components may be "throttling" do to lack of available power.
Not everyone remember every exact part in his system.I've used google Lens for the back and if I remember correctly it's the following one: Seasonic Core Gold GM 650