syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
Core 2 Duo E7400
P31-ES3G motherboard
4GB RAM DDR2
GT220
450 watt powersupply

pls help me budget to change my pc to better gaming but forget my graphic card im going change it next year i just need processor ram and motherboard maybe required new case its fine if play medium setting on games

i hope that i can use my old power supply just need for medium gaming pc

Solution

I would buy the PC listed above.. its great for what you want.. no it will not last you 5-6 years.. only about 1 1/2 - 2 then you will have to upgrade... and TBH.. no PC is good for more than 5 years when it comes to gaming.. every year somethnig gets better.. its a fact that by the time a PC is even released... it is already 6 months obsolete cuz they already have the next best thing being worked on...
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($84.73 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: HIS Radeon R7 250X 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $399.68
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-27 14:42 EDT-0400)

I assume you can reuse your case

syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
so what about if i change something like amd fx 6300 and cheaper motherboard. Can i use back my 450 power supply?
4GB RAM DDR3 i think its enough. i just want concerntrade to processor and because i can upgrde my ram and graphic card next year. im going to use back my old hard disk 500GB.i hope you can help powerful processor around $200 and i think im using ATX case.Im going to use back my GT220 1GB so i hope i can change processor,motherboard and 4GB ram if i got balance then i hope you can help me for a new graphic card.

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
you might not think it's important to focus on the gpu but I'd go with the above mentioned build with the r7 250x, your gt220 is too old and slow for games now days, obviously your cpu and motherboard too, but gaming needs a gpu. That build above has everything you need, and no I wouldn't pick a 6300 with a cheap motherboard, many people have come to this forum crying that their cpu has been throttling, and it ends up being their horrible motherboard.

I wouldn't get any motherboard below the asus r2.0 970 for about $90

syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
but im not quite sure diffrent between i3 and amd that can be a same performance.and about the graphic card im going upgrade it something like HD7870 next year so im planning rushing for cpu.CPU i hope i can go is i5 or fx 6-8 core.

ok.. well like the other guy said.. you NEED a better GPU.. you can get the best CPU in the world and with that GT 220 ... all ur games will STILL run like crap.. you said you have a 400$ budget? why not go with what the list said? Its perfect for what you want and you wouldnt have to wait to upgrade your GPU .. PCPartpicker lists that the build is 399$.. you should do it... or you will regret trying to upgrade your PC YOUR way instead of listening to the people here... you are going to spend 400$ on upgrading your PC.. and STILL have crappy gaming performance because of your old card. If you DONT upgrade your GPU along with everything else you want to upgrade.. then you mine as well not upgrade at all..... just sayin... spend the 400$ on the list of parts the other guy gave you... which will give u better gaming performance.. WHICH IS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT... and then upgrade your gpu next year... or you can upgrade your PC your way for 400$ NOW, and still wait a year to play your games with better performance lol.... your choice

syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($84.73 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: HIS Radeon R7 250X 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)

can this spec help me to not upgrade for my uses 4-5 years for gaming on medium settings?

if yes i think im going to it

but i think i no need to buy DVD and hard disk because i have it

and can i skip that power supply because i see my power supplly is better because 450 watt? or must change to it too?

I would say to buy it all.. your DVD player and PSU could possibly not be compatible with the other components listed.. you dont NEED 450w unless your runnning better hardware .. and 430w is PLENTY.. plus Im sure your old hardware has been quite used and would end up needing an upgrade soon anyways so save yourself the headache now and just go with the hardware above lol... if you dont .. see you back here soon to tell us we were right xD lol

syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
but i got roblem to buy that amd athlon x4 760k because whan i go to PC hardware they are selling I series and FX
really hard to find that athlon that why i dont want that athlon x4 760k.Even i go to big PC hardware i still never see something like AMD athlon all i see is i-series ,AMD FX,intel pentium G.and oh i can find amd APU family such as A8 or A10 so are they can replace the AMD Athlon x4?

I run a A8 and I regret getting it wish i would have gotten to 760.. keep in mind a APU is graphics/cpu .. so the quality is spererated into 2 diffent focus's, the 760k is built to be a pure CPU ONLY so all the product value lyes within PROCESSING and not half processing/half intergrated graphics.. You can go with what fits you though.

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
I wouldn't normally recommend this but since you seem to have an extremely tight budget an want to play the latest games.... on medium settings. I'd say go for a PS4. You'll be able to play all the latest games to come for a few years at the least an won't have to worry about upgrading parts or anything. PC gaming an nickel and dime you to death without you realizing it. You'll get the medium settings an want a taste of the higher settings an so on.

do not listen to this guy Ive spent 400$ in 3 years upgrading my PC and thats about how much you spend every few years for a new console..and consoles are made more cheaply and have a better tendancy of breaking and when it does break... you have to wait 10,000 years for sony for fix it.... PC gaming is the way to go.. med/high graphics look great theres never REALLY a need for ultra.. with my rig I can play skyrim on ultra for YEARS to come and my whole rig costed 600$... the ps3 and ps4 do not add the extra effects a PC adds to games... but hes right about ur budget.. if u got super low budget.. just get a console.. if u got some money to drop... buy the pc

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014

Sure don't listen to me if you don't want to.... after all it's an opinion. Though I don't see why you have to step in like some PC Elitist an shut down the console idea like it's the worst thing in the world. Some people don't mind the good old console. Gameplay makes the game... not graphics.

Note: The nickel an dime you to death is only the obsession you might get once you realize how easy it is to upgrade your computer an get more an more out of it. I wasn't saying it as if the PC is going to crap out on you before a console would. A console would definitely have a higher chance of failing over a PC.

sadly 50$ wont get you very far.. your looking at about 500-600$ for a decent PC that will last you until the end of next year on med/high settings then all you gotta do is upgrade your gpu (which will only be like 100$ by then) n then youll be good for another year or two... then upgrade your CPU (which could be only 80$ by then) .. Its really not that bad

lol Im sorry man but if he just upped his budget another 100$, waits another month or so saves up.. he could have a MUCH better system than a console... if hes a true gamer and about graphics he will want a PC.. if he just plays here n there n nothing to heavy.. a console would be fine

syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
$450 so can i get something i dont care about ultra high medium low atleast i can play a game for 3 years i got xbox 360 why i need ps4?a bit lag for some game like watch dogs fine.
actually i got power supply for my pentium 4 its 500watt that just chnage it a year ago
and i got extra DVD that i think 3 years ago
and i can go for 4GB ram

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Plus $400 will get you something but I mean come on really....

+ Case
+ PSU
+ GPU
+ CPU
+ Motherboard
+ Monitor
+OS

^ all that for $400? I don't think so man unless you want to get something that won't have that many options for upgrading later on down the road. Plus, probably won't play even on Medium settings at decent frames.

syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
before i think to buy upgarde i check for xbox one and ps4 they 100% same to my xbox360 just a bit graphic diffrent.So, i dont need a new console such as ps4 or xbox one.console just play on a big screen and nothing like photo edit,video editing, or even photoshop.ps4 for just fun.

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Here's a suggestion.... sell your Xbox 360 an all the games that you have for as much as you can. Than use that with your $400. Hopefully if you have enough games an a couple working controllers you could get $150 at least for it. Lots of parents like myself by their kids the last-gen consoles for cheap because they don't take care of them. Than you can get you a decent PC started which can be built upon later and leave consoles in the past.

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014

Being honest an not mean or downgrading your PC is extremely out of date. I'd sale it for spare parts to someone who likes to have project computers to mess around with. You wouldn't get much but you'd get some change to add to your budget. That along with selling your Xbox 360 stuff could get you a decent budget gaming machine that you can later upgrade an enjoy.