Aug 23, 2019
I have asked this question before, but this time a want your actual opinion on which one I should buy and not just comparison websites. I am deciding between the ASUS ROG Stix OC and the ASUS ROG Matrix card. The matrix card is about 300 dollars more than the Strix OC on average. However, the Matrix is out of stock on almost all websites and has very low availability. So I was wondering if the extra price and wait, for re-stock, is worth it. On the Nvidia website, it says the Strix OC, has a higher GPU Clock Speed then the Matrix, 1650 Vs 1350, but a lower Boost Clock Speed then the Matrix, 1650 Vs 1800. I am not sure if this is true, because some of the websites I have seen, do not say this. So, which should I buy?

Firstly, how are you going to ask which Graphics card to buy but not tell us the GPU model you're talking about?..

Secondly if you're talking about the same model cards then I highly doubt one has a 300$ price difference. Please attach links with the two cards.

Ah my bad, I didn't notice it's also mentioned in the tags, should put them in the title or at the beginning of the post though, there are other cards that are rog strix like the 2060, etc.

Anywho, I literally went through the same questions in my head when I was getting my 2080ti, however I learned simply that those frequencies don't matter. It's still a 2080Ti with the same exact Die. It will perform just the same as the any other 2080Ti.

For example, the Zotac extreme AMP 2080ti is like 1400-1600$ and I got the gaming x trio that was going for 1199$ and yet despite having a 40MHz less boost speed it still gets the same FPS.

Go with the strix. You'll be getting your same money's worth as the matrix.

P.S with msi afterburner you can always set your boost clock speeds to +100MHz no problem. All modern turing cards should be able to handle that amount of overclocking. Free performance.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS