Question Help me figure out the issue

May 13, 2024
My issue:
After about an hour playing FN, my game lags and makes it hard to actually play, ESPECIALLY during battles. I think I’m running on 30FPS

Here’s what I’ve got (budget build maybe 4mo old)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6600 Fighter
Vetroo V5 Pink CPU Cooler
Western Digital WD_BLACK 1TB SN770
Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz x 2
Seagate Bare Drives BarraCuda 1TB Internal Hard Drive
Cooler Master SickleFlow 200 ARGB Gen 2 Square Frame Fan 29.99 x 2
EVGA 600 GD

EliteAP

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2013
This can vary dependant on what settings you're trying to run it on, including resolution.
Adjust settings to see what helps (maybe let us know what it's set to currently)

Also, faulty HDD is a good shout from @js2 as I had jitters and freezes on a Source game because my FireCuda broke on me 4 years ago (literally died the next day)

Reactions: GuessWhoTx
May 13, 2024
are you running the game off your SSD? what are your temps? you can use AfterBurner overlay or even the AMD Adrenaline one. take a snapshot of your CPU and GPU utilization along with it's temperatures.
Yes the game is saved and running off of the SSD. When I last checked the usage while playing my GPU and CPU were at max performance levels. The temps didn’t look to be abnormal. I will run it again tonight and post a screenshot of the performance details while it lags.

May 13, 2024
This can vary dependant on what settings you're trying to run it on, including resolution.
Adjust settings to see what helps (maybe let us know what it's set to currently)

Also, faulty HDD is a good shout from @js2 as I had jitters and freezes on a Source game because my FireCuda broke on me 4 years ago (literally died the next day)
I will take a look tonight and get back on this.

Latest posts