Question Help me find a good psu for new build

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
I am planning to get an i7-9700k , gigabyte aorus z390 ultra and rtx 2060 for my build. Which psu would be best for me? Also what is the difference between modular and non-modular psu?
I can afford to spend 60 usd. Is it enough? Due to my region, many brands are not available and also amazon doesn't ship products to my country. Corsair/ Cooler master/ Thermaltake/Antec/Bitfenix brand recommendation will be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC Tailor

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
This would be perfect:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $109.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-16 10:49 EDT-0400

Modular means it has attachable/detachable cables, which is great for cable management inside a case. Non modular means you can't swap out the cables.
Sadly I forgot to include my budget and limitations. But I updated the post now. Can you recommend one under 60 usd and preferably from Corsair/ cooler master/ thermaltake/antec/bitfenix ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Sadly I forgot to include my budget and limitations. But I updated the post now. Can you recommend one under 60 usd and preferably from Corsair/ cooler master/ thermaltake/antec/bitfenix ?
Why those brands exactly? Seasonic are equally probably the best in the business along with Corsair in most of their models. Unfortunately Thermaltake and Cooler Master also make a ton of trash as well as some decent units!

I also (based on current prices I can see on PCPP) would not really recommend any PSU below $60 - the last thing you should ever go cheap on, is the PSU, and it's the easiest thing to overlook. It should be the one thing you set aside some budget for to protect your system.

Lowest 650W PSU I would go:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-16 11:01 EDT-0400

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
Why those brands exactly? Seasonic are equally probably the best in the business along with Corsair in most of their models.

I also (based on current prices I can see on PCPP) would not really recommend any PSU below $60 - the last thing you should ever go cheap on, is the PSU, and it's the easiest thing to overlook. It should be the one thing you set aside some budget for to protect your system.

Lowest 650W PSU I would go:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-16 11:01 EDT-0400
Because brands like evga, seasonic, be quiet, deep cool etc. are not available in my region.