Help me find the right printer...

pckitty4427

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Hi

My current printer - a Canon Pixma MP130 - is getting old and malfunctioning so it's time for a new one.

Requirements for new one:

It must have cartridges which I can fill ink directly into.

I also want it to print good quality images.

I'd prefer Canon, but any good company will do.

Solution
if you want to refill ink cartridges you will get problems and poor print quality. If you want good quality images and reliability, use the manufacturers ink only. Canon are always good quality as are epson. Epson printers dont respond well at all to refilled cartridges, you need to buy an ink chip reset device, and it would be difficult to do. Not sure how the new canon ink cartridges are, but they used to be fairly easy to refill.
if you want to refill ink cartridges you will get problems and poor print quality. If you want good quality images and reliability, use the manufacturers ink only. Canon are always good quality as are epson. Epson printers dont respond well at all to refilled cartridges, you need to buy an ink chip reset device, and it would be difficult to do. Not sure how the new canon ink cartridges are, but they used to be fairly easy to refill.

Solution
^you probably can if you want to void your warranty and have crap print quality. refilled ink is not the same colour or chemical composition as the manufacturers ink, so you will get varied results, faded/discoloured prints and blocked nozzles more often, along with gunking up the ink system.
Also, dont bump posts, its against the forum rules.