Question Help Me. Gpu Drivers Suddenly Stopped Working, And Windows Won't Boot Up

Apr 12, 2020
So I was using my computer as normal, when the screen started to go black and come back, it did a couple times, then it went black, so i restarted my pc normaly, then the gpu did it again, and i restarted my pc onces more, and then it won't boot up, lock at the windows screen, and my perifericals stopped too
So i tried reinstalling the drivers for the gpu, but it didn't work, the gpu actually works when there is not driver installed, but when i install the driver, it stopped working, and still locks on the windows screen

this is the gpu that im talking about https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/sapphire-dual-x-r7-265.b2749

can someone help me? maybe it is a corrupted bios? can it happen?

Apr 18, 2020
I have somewhat the same issue! Except when it comes to Windows booting up, there's no problem at all, but while gaming I get these situations: When playing Minecraft, on high settings I get around 100 fps on average, and then, black screen flickers start to happen, this usually happens when I'm already deep in the game. Then for other game like League of Legends, on high settings it goes 70 fps, and at a complete random time while in-game, I get MASSIVE drops, it's like a really long lag spike, it goes around for 3-5 minutes or so at 4-5 fps, and sadly the same issue occurs sometimes with Minecraft. I tried everything, modifying the usage of power through MSI Afterburner, Replaced the Thermal paste and all, and I even reinstalled Drivers to more updated versions, and tried gaming with V-Sync and still zero difference. Here are my specs:
Motherboard: G41 Socket 775 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,40GHz
Ram: 4Gb DDR3-1333MHz
PSU: Not sure but I think it's a 600-700W PSU
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 960 2Gb (It was a used GPU so the issues could be relating to whatever happened to this card)
If you can help, I'll be so damn happy. Much love & thx.