[SOLVED] Help me in Quality check for my Old Build

Jun 26, 2020
Hi,

Everyone I have Old Build Made of Gigabyte H97 D3H, Intel i5-4460, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 750Ti, 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM & Corsair VS 450, So my this build is 4-5 Years old and I have not been using from last 2 years so now due to lockdown I have a time to stay at home and to use this PC but my pc beeps continuously for 3-5 seconds and then stop it happens intermittently, so I would really happy if anyone can help me finding the issue with this thing and I would also like to do stress test of PC if it might help.

P.S. I dont know if this is correct section for my question.

Regards

Rohit

Solution
Hi,

Thanks for you quick reply, i will try changing the ram to another slot and as for cmos battery i dont think they went flat because the date and time were correct when i turned pc on, i can still reset the bios to default setting if you insist.
So your PC boots to Bios and boots to Windows?
Yeah try to perform a BIOS reset and after the reset make sure that your Windows OS drive is set as first boot Device and in Boot order make sure that your Windows drive is set to 1st boot order...
See if the beeping noises disappear after the reset.

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi,

Everyone I have Old Build Made of Gigabyte H97 D3H, Intel i5-4460, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 750Ti, 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM & Corsair VS 450, So my this build is 4-5 Years old and I have not been using from last 2 years so now due to lockdown I have a time to stay at home and to use this PC but my pc beeps continuously for 3-5 seconds and then stop it happens intermittently, so I would really happy if anyone can help me finding the issue with this thing and I would also like to do stress test of PC if it might help.

P.S. I dont know if this is correct section for my question.

Regards

Rohit
Hi There:)
Have you tried placing your 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM into an other slot?
Maybe do a Bios reset also because the computer has not been used for 2 years which the 3v battery would be completely flat.
Remove the power from the power supply and Take out your your RAM stick and place it into a other slot.
u_21019357.jpg

Then Reset your BIOS by taking out your 3V Battery located under the last PCI slot for 30 seconds then place back.
BS-2623-3.jpg

Put the power back on and wait for 15 seconds then see if your PC boots.
Hope it helps.

Jun 26, 2020
Hi There:)
Have you tried placing your 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM into an other slot?
Maybe do a Bios reset also because the computer has not been used for 2 years which the 3v battery would be completely flat.
Remove the power from the power supply and Take out your your RAM stick and place it into a other slot.
u_21019357.jpg

Then Reset your BIOS by taking out your 3V Battery located under the last PCI slot for 30 seconds then place back.
BS-2623-3.jpg

Put the power back on and wait for 15 seconds then see if your PC boots.
Hope it helps.

Hi,

Thanks for you quick reply, i will try changing the ram to another slot and as for cmos battery i dont think they went flat because the date and time were correct when i turned pc on, i can still reset the bios to default setting if you insist.

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi,

So your PC boots to Bios and boots to Windows?
Yeah try to perform a BIOS reset and after the reset make sure that your Windows OS drive is set as first boot Device and in Boot order make sure that your Windows drive is set to 1st boot order...
See if the beeping noises disappear after the reset.

Solution
Are the beeps during startup, or out of the blue later.
At startup, your motherboard manual may have a listing of the beep codes and what they mean.
Usually, it means that the bios does not like the default ram settings and is trying to find a setting that works.

The battery, likely a CR2032 may have run down. It is responsible for preserving an altered bios across a power off.

A simple test for general operation is to run memtest86.
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download the free edition here:
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

For a simple stress test, CPU-Z has a bench tab.
You might also install HWmonitor to run at the same time to track temperatures.
Temperatures are not likely to be a problem with your parts.
Look for a minimum temperature at idle in the 10-15c, over ambient.
Look for peak temperatures to be under 100c.
If you have a temperature problem, your cooler may have come a bit loose.

Somewhere along the line, you will want to update the nvidia drivers for your graphics card.

Jun 26, 2020
Are the beeps during startup, or out of the blue later.
At startup, your motherboard manual may have a listing of the beep codes and what they mean.
Usually, it means that the bios does not like the default ram settings and is trying to find a setting that works.

The battery, likely a CR2032 may have run down. It is responsible for preserving an altered bios across a power off.

A simple test for general operation is to run memtest86.
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download the free edition here:
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

For a simple stress test, CPU-Z has a bench tab.
You might also install HWmonitor to run at the same time to track temperatures.
Temperatures are not likely to be a problem with your parts.
Look for a minimum temperature at idle in the 10-15c, over ambient.
Look for peak temperatures to be under 100c.
If you have a temperature problem, your cooler may have come a bit loose.

Somewhere along the line, you will want to update the nvidia drivers for your graphics card.

Hi,

I did memtest and i took couple of hours to complete it and according to test i found NO errors, and beeps happens while using the PC out of blue any time, its a long beep one time, my PC drivers and nvidia drivers are updated as well, and i dont have any experience CPU-Z or HWmonitor but i tried bench test and stress test and it will all okay.

Let me know if that one long beep means anything and battery is fine.

Regards

Rohit