Question Help me make sure my build is compatible

Oct 13, 2024
Hi guys!

I am new in bulding pcs and would like to get an opinion on my configured build. I am not going to overclock, just want to play all the new games in high fps and don't want to worrie about soon needed upgrades :) Maybe someone has some good tips or knows anything, which I forgot about. I am happy about every answer and advices!

Here are my components:
https://ibb.co/vBwF0TB

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 16C/32T, 4.20-5.70GHz, boxed ohne Kühler (100-100000908WOF)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB schwarz DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR5-6000, CL36-36-36-96, on-die ECC (F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5NR)
G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB schwarz DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR5-6000, CL36-36-36-96, on-die ECC
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER Aero OC 16G, 16GB GDDR6X, HDMI, 3x DP (GV-N408SAERO OC-16GD)
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER Aero OC 16G, 16GB GDDR6X, HDMI, 3x DP
MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk WIFI (7E12-001R)
MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk WIFI
Lian Li Galahad II Trinity 360 White, weiß (GA2T36W)
Lian Li Galahad II Trinity 360 White
be quiet! Straight Power 12 850W ATX 3.0 (BN337)
be quiet! Straight Power 12 850W ATX 3.0

And my Case, which I already have at home:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0CHP77RDG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could've compiled your parts list on a site like this;

just want to play all the new games in high fps and don't want to worrie about soon needed upgrades
So far your build looks fine but if it's possible to make tweaks to your build, can you specify what your aboslute budget is for the build? Including all the titles you want to tax the build with without an etc would help the community in suggestions towards you/your build.

One thing though, you forgot to include the make and model of your case for your build. One part that you could swap out, is go for a B650 chipset board. What sort of features are you looking at on the X670 chipset/platform?

Moved thread from Components section to Systems section.

Oct 13, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could've compiled your parts list on a site like this;

just want to play all the new games in high fps and don't want to worrie about soon needed upgrades
So far your build looks fine but if it's possible to make tweaks to your build, can you specify what your aboslute budget is for the build? Including all the titles you want to tax the build with without an etc would help the community in suggestions towards you/your build.

One thing though, you forgot to include the make and model of your case for your build. One part that you could swap out, is go for a B650 chipset board. What sort of features are you looking at on the X670 chipset/platform?

Moved thread from Components section to Systems section.
Hi, thanks for the reply!

This build now costs me ~2700€, I am willing to spend more but the price-performance must be right. A stronger gpu for example (4090) is just not worth in my opinion.

I also don‘t want to buy an Asus motherboard because I have read about a lot of problems regarding ram and power supply problems.

My case is noname I think, looked good and was on sale on Amazon.

CPS C3T500 ARGB Sales Kit Tower ATX-Case from PCCOOLER​

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Hi, thanks for the reply!

This build now costs me ~2700€, I am willing to spend more but the price-performance must be right. A stronger gpu for example (4090) is just not worth in my opinion.

I also don‘t want to buy an Asus motherboard because I have read about a lot of problems regarding ram and power supply problems.

My case is noname I think, looked good and was on sale on Amazon.

CPS C3T500 ARGB Sales Kit Tower ATX-Case from PCCOOLER​

I think there is scope to buy better rather than pay more on some of the parts.

As mentioned above going for a decent B650 board rather than a X670 would give the same performance but save a bit of money. If you are purely gaming then a 7800x3d might be a better choice although the price of these seems to have gone up recently due to the 9000 x3d parts soon to be released. If you can wait I would keep an eye on these to see what thevoffer in terms of performance / price.

Never heard of the case before but it looks like another Lian li O11 Clone of which most companies now have although few achieve the build quality of the original. Although I did build a PC for a friend in a Hyte Y70 recently and that felt like a premium case. I use a white O11D EVO and that was also a decent case. I am not sure what you spending on this case from Amazon and it might be fine but I would personally spend the little extra to get an on brand case that has proven airflow and probably better build quality.

Is the aim to go for a mainly white build?

Oct 13, 2024
I think there is scope to buy better rather than pay more on some of the parts.

As mentioned above going for a decent B650 board rather than a X670 would give the same performance but save a bit of money. If you are purely gaming then a 7800x3d might be a better choice although the price of these seems to have gone up recently due to the 9000 x3d parts soon to be released. If you can wait I would keep an eye on these to see what thevoffer in terms of performance / price.

Never heard of the case before but it looks like another Lian li O11 Clone of which most companies now have although few achieve the build quality of the original. Although I did build a PC for a friend in a Hyte Y70 recently and that felt like a premium case. I use a white O11D EVO and that was also a decent case. I am not sure what you spending on this case from Amazon and it might be fine but I would personally spend the little extra to get an on brand case that has proven airflow and probably better build quality.

Is the aim to go for a mainly white build?
White build would be nice but I don't want to spend a few hundred bucks more on some components just for the white color haha.

The case looks like a clone, yes. I spent 140€ with included fans. The original costs about 180 and fans are not included.

I can see that the B650 only has PCIe 4.0 while the X670 already has 5.0, I thought that maybe in some years I only need to get a new gpu and don't need to worry about a new mainboard for example. DDR 5 ram is also a technology which will not change dramatically in the next five years, so this was also important for me.