Help me please with BSOD

Ron Holland

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
When I first powered on my pc today I got a error blue screen stop code IRQL/amd sata.system It happened last week as well not sure it's a defective hardrive or software can someone please help if someone has had a similar experience

Solution
for that you would update the BIOS and the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website.
you might also try and put the drives data cable on a different sata port.
the bugcheck will have a error code, the error code can help figure out the cause of the problem.

if your drive is old, you might download and run crystaldiskinfo.exe and take a look at the drives health status.

you can also put the memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory on to a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link

for that you would update the BIOS and the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website.
you might also try and put the drives data cable on a different sata port.
the bugcheck will have a error code, the error code can help figure out the cause of the problem.

if your drive is old, you might download and run crystaldiskinfo.exe and take a look at the drives health status.

you can also put the memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory on to a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link

Solution

it would be the driver for the SATA chip on the motherboard. The BIOS sets up the electronics for the chips then when windows loads it loads the driver so windows can control the hardware via the driver. The driver would attempt to handle any problems coming from the hardware. The driver updates would have fixes for bugs found in the released hardware and the released drivers.

[Edited by moderator - - quote and reply in wrong order]