Status
Not open for further replies.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
Hi, this is my first post here. despite following this site for 10 years. I have never ran into an issue like this before. And I guess it's time to ask for help.
I recently upgraded to the new Ryzen 3600 processor. And everything's been going pretty smooth until today.
So today my PC started to act up.
I sometimes get random restarts (black screen, then bios post) and when I'm playing CS GO online, I get a BSOD with the error message : "kernel auto boost lock acquisition with raised IRQL"
I read somewhere that this could be related to the Wifi Adapter, so I turned it off and decided to play offline. In this situation, the game just crashes to desktop. I'll post my config and I'm hoping maybe some of you have come across this issue before. I've tryied many things like changing my RAM speed and timings (Issues were still persistent when all BIOS settings were on default.
Looking at my logs I noticed an error related to "nvd3dum.dll"

Config :
CPU : Ryzen 3600 (No OC)
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
GPU: MSI GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 8Go TeamGroup VulcanZ 2666 (1 Stick - Single channel)
PSU: OCZ ZS Series 550W
Wifi Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster H410
SSD: Crucial 256Gb

I thought that the problem was related to my ram. But when I put it at D.O.C.P. my system becomes more unstable.
I ran memory diagnostics and it said that it was OK.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be much appreciated. Let me know what other information I can post to help solve this.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
that error seeme to be linked to old video drivers causing the issue. could be whats happening to your machine. I also read it on a wiki page , indicated that error os common when video drivers and uninstalled improperly or not fully.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
that error seeme to be linked to old video drivers causing the issue. could be whats happening to your machine. I also read it on a wiki page , indicated that error os common when video drivers and uninstalled improperly or not fully.
The driver I have is from a fresh install (Around 10 days ago). But I will try properly removing all drivers with DDU then reinstalling. Will post the results.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
A couple of things to try and fix these errors Naks92.

"Kernel Auto Boost Lock Acquisition with Raised IRQL{" is usually associated with a blue tooth device or your Wireless Adapter.
Check for driver updates in Device Manager or disconnect your WIFI and use an Ethernet connection.

As you have a nvd3dum.dl issue then check for a driver update. This driver is Nvd3dum.dll and also known as a NVIDIA WDDM D3D Driver, Sometimes a Nvidia driver update can fix this as it may be corrupted or need updating.
As this is a system 32 file then it would be worth running "SFC /SCANNOW" in an elevated command prompt, without the exclamation marks.
This will interrogate your system files and report any corruption and attempt to make a fix.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
So, I uninstalled the previous nvidia drivers with DDU. And then reinstalled the latest one. And to my surprise...
IT WORKED. I really wonder how the gpu driver could cause so much mayhem. Will test for an extra day to check that the issue really is fixed. Also, while I have your attention, I have another matter I'm trying to fix: When I try to apply D.O.C.P profile for my Ram (I think it's also the XMP one). My system isn't stable. I get some random reboots, even when PC is idle. I have to keep it at 2400Mhz for stability. Does the fact that I'm in Single Channel (1 Stick) have anything to do with it ?
Thanks again for your help guys.

Last edited:

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
Scratch that.
Ok, so after a bit more time of testing. It seems that the issue is still there. This time I get a BSOD saying "kernal auto boost invalid lock release). I think this is a tricky one.

Update: I tried uninstalling the Wifi adapter driver and reinstalling an older one. This time I got a different BSOD: "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area"
i would run a disk check to eliminate that possibility and have your BSOD dmp file analyzed.
What were the results of your SFC /scannow ?

Also: DMAN999 is quite correct. You must have stable RAM. Do you have another kit to test with?

Reactions: DMAN999

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
i would run a disk check to eliminate that possibility and have your BSOD dmp file analyzed.
What were the results of your SFC /scannow ?

Also: DMAN999 is quite correct. You must have stable RAM. Do you have another kit to test with?

So I ran MemTest86 and it finished with 0 errors after 4 passes. I also ran sfc /scannow and this is the message I got:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

EDIT:
here's a link to the log itself; I can't seem to make much sense out of it :CBS Log

Last edited:

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/joewSnT

UPDATE: I tried opening the dump files with BlueScreenView and it seems that a certain ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit. any thoughts on how to proceed? (Also still getting nvd3dum.dll error in the event viewer)
I also tried removing the Wireless Adapter all together from the motherboard... Still getting same BSOD's. Also got a new one " APC INDEX MISMATCH "

Last edited:

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
that error the main possible causes might want to check this link how to fix ntoskrnl.exe error

• Often when memory becomes corrupted, the exe file gets affected.
  • Another possible cause for the BSOD in this instance could be that the device drivers have become out of date.
  • Also, this error could be due to clocking drivers.
  • Finally, your computer may just be experiencing CPU (Central Processing Unit) issues.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
that error the main possible causes might want to check this link how to fix ntoskrnl.exe error

• Often when memory becomes corrupted, the exe file gets affected.
  • Another possible cause for the BSOD in this instance could be that the device drivers have become out of date.
  • Also, this error could be due to clocking drivers.
  • Finally, your computer may just be experiencing CPU (Central Processing Unit) issues.
All of my drivers seem to be up to date. I ran MemTest and no errors. the CPU is brand new (2 weeks) never even changed default clock settings. Should I try a fresh install of windows ? Maybe I can narrow down if the problem is windows installation or hardware or Bios setings that way ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

BlueScreenView and it seems that a certain ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit.
I would Ignore the ntoskrnl errors for now, do you have the actual dump file you can post here?
It's a common error, and often is not ntoskrnl at all.

Basically windows isn't always smart enough to know what crashed, so instead it blames the very item that DID crash, which is the kernel modules, when in reality its more likely a third party module or hardware itself, but if it's hardware, you'll more likely encounter WHEA based stop errors.

If you can share the dump files that may help shed some light. See my BSOD signature below for more details.

Even though you are having various BSOD (which can be indicative of hardware) the Page Fault in Non-paged error is pretty much solely RAM/Storage based as these are the only areas that use "pages". But it often is a third party driver causing the problem with them.

Last edited:

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
I would Ignore the ntoskrnl errors for now, do you have the actual dump file you can post here?
It's a common error, and often is not ntoskrnl at all.

Basically windows isn't always smart enough to know what crashed, so instead it blames the very item that DID crash, which is the kernel modules, when in reality its more likely a third party module or hardware itself, but if it's hardware, you'll more likely encounter WHEA based stop errors.

If you can share the dump files that may help shed some light. See my BSOD signature below for more details.

Even though you are having various BSOD (which can be indicative of hardware) the Page Fault in Non-paged error is pretty much solely RAM/Storage based as these are the only areas that use "pages". But it often is a third party driver causing the problem with them.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Here is a link to my dump files. I put them in a compressed rar together. Also attached is my config :

Dumps.

CPU : Ryzen 3600 (No OC)
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
GPU: MSI GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 8Go TeamGroup VulcanZ 2666 (1 Stick - Single channel)
PSU: OCZ ZS Series 550W
Wifi Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster H410
SSD: Crucial 256Gb

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I won't be able to run a debug on this at least for a ltittle while, so I might ask if @gardenman might be able to in the meantime as his software is excellent anyway.

If not I will do so when I return. Then there are some others who can help shed some light once it has been run through a proper debugger.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
I won't be able to run a debug on this at least for a ltittle while, so I might ask if @gardenman might be able to in the meantime as his software is excellent anyway.

If not I will do so when I return. Then there are some others who can help shed some light once it has been run through a proper debugger.
Thanks, of course take however long you need. Your help is much appreciated. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. Do you think I should do a fresh install of windows in the meantime ? Maybe it does resolve all the issues ?

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/wqGl.html
File information:091819-15484-01.dmp (Sep 18 2019 - 12:53:07)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: Registry)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:091819-15296-01.dmp (Sep 17 2019 - 20:45:15)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 43 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:091819-15281-01.dmp (Sep 18 2019 - 12:30:02)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File information:091819-15218-01.dmp (Sep 17 2019 - 21:11:27)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

File information:091719-15437-01.dmp (Sep 17 2019 - 17:45:28)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)
BIOS info was not included in the 1st dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Status
Not open for further replies.