[SOLVED] help me!

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
hi ! im unchada and i have a problem and i need help

i was in discord in a vc and my mic stopped working it was showing me that my mic was working and transmitting but my friends didnt pick my voice up
so i tried everything such as resetting sound settings reinstalling the app even switching to legacy audio system but it didnt work so when i reinstalled the app i realized all my output input even webcams were gone and a while later they returned but when i go to windows settings and try to test my mic there is nothing and i cant hear any sounds do you think my soundcard is broken if no pls tell me a solution and if u need to ask any questions pls do not hesitate and ask from this gmailRemoved

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Try using front panel audio or if your motherboard supports it try the integrated audio ports. If that doesn't work try a different PC to make sure it is not the equipment. If you test it and it doesn't recognize on another pc it's the mic. If all your audio ports are unable to detect it it could also be the mic. Reset all your audio settings, uninstall all the drivers then do a fresh install.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Try using front panel audio or if your motherboard supports it try the integrated audio ports. If that doesn't work try a different PC to make sure it is not the equipment. If you test it and it doesn't recognize on another pc it's the mic. If all your audio ports are unable to detect it it could also be the mic. Reset all your audio settings, uninstall all the drivers then do a fresh install.

Solution

unchada

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
thanks so much!
i tried uninstalling the audio drivers and rebooted the system it didnt work at first but when i unplugged the mic it suprisingly worked btw this was my firs question in this forum and it got a reply in just 30 min so i will use this from now on