Help me ?!

G

I have an (old) Celeron 400 Mhz processor on a Pentium II 100 Mhz motherboard, 128 Mb RAM and i'm currently using a Riva TNT video card, but i want to upgrade it. What are my options ? I'm thinking about an GeForce card, but don't know wich one is compatible with my system.

Dravic

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It all depends on your mainboard.

Does it have an agp slot?
if yes, i recommend the geforce2 mx, its a slightly lower end solution then the geforce2 gts', but great if you dont play games over 1024x resolutions.

If not, i think there is a geforce2 mx pci version, but i'm not positive. The other option for pci slot would be one of the NEW voodoo cards like the 4500 or 5500.

Abit KT7 RAID
Duron 650@896
128MB pc133@149cas2
Geforce2mx(205/215)
Antect s1030/sblive+

G

Keep in mind that anything above a GeForce MX would probably be a waste, since that processor wouldn't be able to feed the data to the graphics card fast enough.

Just a note for ya.

G

so the GeForce MX is the best thing my system can handle and i should go for it ?!

G

As far as I'm aware all PII mobo's came with an AGP slot, so getting an AGP card should be no problem. The GeForce 2MX is an excellent card, and you'll be pleasantly suprised by how much faster than the TNT it is :).