Question HELP, MY CABLES BLOCK MY GPU

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
So, I tried making the Radeon RX 570 8 GB fit in my case for several days, But I could not, Because the hard drive cables are blocking its way, And the other PCIe x16 slot has the other power supply cables in its way and RAM slots, My motherboard has 2 PCie x16 slots only, Take a look in the photo, What should I do to make it fit it? I love that card and I want to use it, Please Help me.
bdmj3p.jpg

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Sorry but I have never used a riser for a GPU so you will have to check the specs for any riser card you consider to see if it will fit in your case without blocking those SATA ports.

Hopefully someone with experience using them will see this thread and be of more help.

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
Sorry but I have never used a riser for a GPU so you will have to check the specs for any riser card you consider to see if it will fit in your case without blocking those SATA ports.

Hopefully someone with experience using them will see this thread and be of more help.
:( I will never buy OEM built PCs again.

I bet you can use the full size 570 in the case. A dremel might help.The 4gb vram isnt much of an issue in most modern games. The settings required to exceed 4gb generally can not be run by the 570 anyhow.

If it doesnt fit, a pcie riser or an itx card may be needed.

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
Does not look like there should be anything in the way of the card if you use the first (blue) PCIe slot. Any cables look like they will fit easily under the back of the card if they are in the way.
The area between the blue PCIe lock and RAM Slots is 20 cm only, the cage of HDD is not blocking card, but the USB interfaces plug is.

Last edited: