Question Help, my pc doesn’t work

May 21, 2023
Hello, I recently decided to change PC parts, mainly my motherboard and my processing unit I decided to change to a prime B550M-A AC from ASUS, and I switched to a Ryzen 5600 X, I loaded up my graphics card and my ram, then I booted into windows and everything worked perfectly until about two hours later when my PC randomly rebooted, no error message, no freeze, no blue screen, just a black screen and the total reboot. I thought that the power has gone out for just a moment, but enough to make the PC restart but as soon as I tried to boot into Windows, it to rebooted again without an error message. After that it started rebooting many times without even letting windows load, after a while I got the error message that windows couldn’t load properly and that if I wanted to go into advanced options to try and fix the problem or just restart the PC. I tried to fix it by fully resetting windows, but it didn’t fix it. I decided to wait until the next day and see if I could fix it another way. I managed to boot into windows the next day, and look at the logs in event viewer, the two main errors that I could identify were a critical error that said that the system had unexpectedly rebooted, and an error that said that a hardware failure had occurred. It said that the error source was from “Machine Check Exception” and that the error type was “Cache Hierarchy Error”. I called Asus support and they told me that it was a Windows problem and that I should’ve probably reset my PC however, I tried reinstalling windows from a fresh boot drive I completely formatted my NVMe and and tried to install windows from a USB drive however, I was met with failure. At first the bootable drive didn’t even want to work, and when I got it to work as soon as it started installing windows, I started getting random reboots again leading to the error that said “your computer has restarted unexpectedly and windows installation could not continue click OK to start installation again“. So now I don’t even have windows on my computer and I cannot boot into anything because as soon as I try to install windows, my computer starts restarting on its own. The only thing that works is the BIOS. I don’t know if I have a faulty, motherboard, a faulty CPU, or anything else, does anyone know how to help me?

Quick note: already tested my PSU and RAM on a separate system, both work great.

07xztll1ea1b1.jpg
hwh449u2ea1b1.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit.

I recently decided to change PC parts
This means we'll be seeing two sets of specs, one for before and one for after.

Just an FYI, please add spacing in your texts, to form paragraphs and aid community's comprehension.

May 21, 2023
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
CPU cooler: Wraith Prism AMD Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B550M-A AC
Ram: Corsair Vengance DDR4 2400mhz
SSD/HDD: Western Digital Black NVMe 500gb/Seagate 2tb HDD
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060 MSI VENTUS 2X 12GB
PSU: Corsair CX 750M (about 2 years old)
Chassis: Unknown, it's an aerocool chassis, I keep the case open for better cooling.
Monitor: AOC 144hz Monitor