HELP! new Elsa Erazor X2 wont boot

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just got the card today. I put it in a fire up the comp and theres no picture. My computer beeps and no image is displayed but i put my old card in and it works fine. Ive also disconnected my cdroms and other perphrials to see if its a power problem but it still wont boot. Any ideas?

G

Make sure it is seated properly. Then make sure it is seated properly again. It may look seated. I've had people bring me computers for this reason. And although it looks seated, it was not.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
When you say your computer beeps be more specific does it beep once? Does it continue to beep repeatadly? If it does the second this is the error code for no video and either the card is not working, not seated, or you need a new bios for your motherboard. What MOBO and bios do you have?

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is a very strange problem. Well I have a Epox ep-mvp3g-m mb and a k6-2 333 processor. At first i heard some crackling noises like something was shorting. And it continued with my old video card after i tried to see if that would work. SO i took everything apart and Now the card works but I have to have the monitor unplugged from the when the bios boots up otherwise i never get an image, also when i reboot the card shows no image either. So right now im stuck doing that untill i figure out whats going wrong.

The beeping is only the normal 1 beep. But i have the newest bios

G

my advice is to take the card back and get a different brand alltogether...

i have an elsa erazor x2 and i will never buy and elsa card again. a problem that you will most likely run into when you do finally get your card to work is a black screen in windows after the comp loads usb devices. the elsa erazor x2 drivers wont work with win98 if have usb active. either modify irq's in the bios or you will have to use nVidia's GeForce drivers. my card works like a dream with nvidia's drivers, i just dont trust a card where the drivers that were specifcialy written for the card dont work properly.

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for all the suggestions But I have the lastest Bios. Looks Like there card won't support my monitor, what a crock, Now I wont buy Asus or Elsa Video cards.