help on pc build uprgrade

arisgoku2

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
I am an it student and a pc enthusiast and i would much appreciate your help on my quest for upgrading my build. I saved around 650 euros(~700usd) to spend to this upgrade. My current build is an ancient nvidia gforce 8500gt, amd athlon 64 x2 5600+ with 6gb of ram. I recently added a samsung evo 840 ssd and a corsair tx650 power supply which i will keep. Now i have settled for the gpu it will be a sapphire radeon r9 280x. I was considering for a cpu an fx8320 BUT here is my 1st point of thought. I would love to use the corsair 380t(yellow :p) which is a mini itx and sadly there is no amd mobo in that form factor. So would you recommend sticking to the cpu :)() or opting for an i5 4570-90? i have compiled a list wich i would love for you to see and giving me your opinion http://pcpartpicker.com/p/67PcvK
I forgot the usage would be moderate gaming (lol, hearthstone) kodi for watching movies, web browsing, mp3 editing in audacity, and android/java programming.
No peripherals needed just case mobo cpu gpu ram and cooler.

arisgoku2

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
firstly thanks for your replies. i know that if i go itx intel is my only solution, but what would you think is better, the fx and no itx or go for itx with intel. are there any drawbacks? and feel free to suggest other part e.g. in this price range with this build the r9 will be underperforming, or go with the i5 4590 or 4460k insted of the 4570

Any i5 is fine for gaming.