Question Help on RAID 0 data recovery (SanDisk G RAID Mirror)

Dec 28, 2023
I have got this SanDisk G RAID Mirror (2x HDDs, 36TB, https://www.westerndigital.com/prod...essional-g-raid-mirror?sku=SDPHH2H-012T-NBAAD) about 10 days ago and used it to back up the data in my NAS since I was selling the NAS very soon. I formatted this G RAID Mirror to RAID 0, formatted to APFS and copied all data from NAS to it, occupying round 18TB.

The next day the host computer(Mac mini) was somehow forced to restart. I checked and found that SanDisk RAID 0 drive is not in desktop. Initially I thought it was some small glitch, so I powered off/on the drive and disconnected/connected the drive. But it still didn't show up. So I opened Disk Utility and realized it is not mounted. Run first aid didn't help

r/DataHoarder - Help on RAID 0 data recovery (SanDisk G RAID Mirror)
I did some search online and decided to give Disk Drill a trial(purchased the pro version). After the scanning, Disk Drill does give me some hope since it almost discovered all lost data.

But for almost all videos and audios, the files recovered are broken(can't be played).

At this step, I know I am doomed. I called SanDisk customer support, no surprise they claimed no support for data recovery and they just provided some data recovery resources(links for software and data recovery service)......

After spending a bit more time, I decided the next steps:

1. Try other software like UFS explorer (as suggested by other redditters)
  2. Purchase an exact same product (SanDisk GRAID Mirror), since the HDDs can be taken out, I think it may be worth trying put current HDDs into an identical but new enclosure and expect the magic (assume the issue is in the current enclosure, not the HDDs)
  3. Put the two HDDs into something like OWC Thunderbay flex 8 and see if the drive can be read (pretty much same idea as 2)...)
  4. Try some HDD docks with raid capability like this one (https://www.amazon.com/MAIWO-RAID-B...d9e15d-4e43-4581-b373-0e5c1a776d5d&th=1&psc=1)
  5. Buy some USB C to SATA Adapter Cables and connect HDDs to computer. Copy the disk image and ......
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Jan 25, 2024
After spending a bit more time, I decided the next steps:
  1. Try other software like UFS explorer (as suggested by other redditters)
  2. Purchase an exact same product (SanDisk GRAID Mirror), since the HDDs can be taken out, I think it may be worth trying put current HDDs into an identical but new enclosure and expect the magic (assume the issue is in the current enclosure, not the HDDs)
  3. Put the two HDDs into something like OWC Thunderbay flex 8 and see if the drive can be read (pretty much same idea as 2)...)
  4. Try some HDD docks with raid capability like this one (https://www.amazon.com/MAIWO-RAID-Bay-External-Enclosure/dp/B0BV5LDTPX/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=external+raid+enclosure&qid=1703707534&s=electronics&sr=1-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.17d9e15d-4e43-4581-b373-0e5c1a776d5d&th=1&psc=1)
  5. Buy some USB C to SATA Adapter Cables and connect HDDs to computer. Copy the disk image and ......
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
hello xiayizju has any of these steps worked out for you? I'm in your same situation with a WD RAID 0 POS! and weighing out options on many of the same routes you were thinking of.