Build Advice HELP ON UPGRADING G4560 GTX 1050 TI

Jun 30, 2022
Hello!
First time posting, but long time lurking around here. :)
English is not my first language,so please forgive any mistakes.
So, i have this computer:

-intel g4560
-gtx 1050ti
-h110m
-12 gb of ram

Im thinking about a little upgrade for a while, but even tho im a computer programmer,hardware is not really my area.
That said, the money i can spend is pretty limited. Everything is pretty expensive here in my country(damn taxes everywhere), and even tho i have some money to spend i also have another priorities in life right now. So i want the cheapest upgrade possible. I will talk a little bit about my gaming profile;

I'm mostly a open world RPG player, Baldur's Gate 2 is my favorite game ever and basically all im playing lately, im pretty excited for Baldur's Gate 3, and that's basically it. But i will play another games like TES 6 when it releases,Star citizen too (and games like these). I don't play much anymore (mostly on weekends and mostly single-player, online competitive pvp games very rarely). I really want my PC to be able to run basically these RPG games that i like, on 1080p (that's important,because i just bought a 1080p monitor). I don't care about max settings, but i also would not like to play at minimum with no shadows. I don't care about constant 60fps, but i also would not lke to freezes and stutterings...

Im not expert on hardware, but the times i tried to run heavy games i really felt like my processor was struggling while my 1050ti was okay. Maybe because i prefer open world games, my processor was struggling more? Does that make sense? I don't know, just telling what it felt like.

That's basically it. I want the cheapest upgrade possible that will be able to attend these requirements i have.
Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Hello!
First time posting, but long time lurking around here. :)
English is not my first language,so please forgive any mistakes.
So, i have this computer:

-intel g4560
-gtx 1050ti
-h110m
-12 gb of ram

Im thinking about a little upgrade for a while, but even tho im a computer programmer,hardware is not really my area.
That said, the money i can spend is pretty limited. Everything is pretty expensive here in my country(damn taxes everywhere), and even tho i have some money to spend i also have another priorities in life right now. So i want the cheapest upgrade possible. I will talk a little bit about my gaming profile;

I'm mostly a open world RPG player, Baldur's Gate 2 is my favorite game ever and basically all im playing lately, im pretty excited for Baldur's Gate 3, and that's basically it. But i will play another games like TES 6 when it releases,Star citizen too (and games like these). I don't play much anymore (mostly on weekends and mostly single-player, online competitive pvp games very rarely). I really want my PC to be able to run basically these RPG games that i like, on 1080p (that's important,because i just bought a 1080p monitor). I don't care about max settings, but i also would not like to play at minimum with no shadows. I don't care about constant 60fps, but i also would not lke to freezes and stutterings...

Im not expert on hardware, but the times i tried to run heavy games i really felt like my processor was struggling while my 1050ti was okay. Maybe because i prefer open world games, my processor was struggling more? Does that make sense? I don't know, just telling what it felt like.

That's basically it. I want the cheapest upgrade possible that will be able to attend these requirements i have.
Thanks
You didn't specify which H110m motherboard you have, but you should be able to find a page like this one for the Asus -- https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/H110M-K/HelpDesk_CPU/ It shows all the supported CPUs and the minimum BIOS version required. You may have to shop in the used CPU market to get a CPU upgrade for that motherboard.
What is your budget for a CPU?
12GB RAM may be part of your problem. Is that three 4GB DIMMs or an 8GB and a 4GB ?

Jun 30, 2022
You didn't specify which H110m motherboard you have, but you should be able to find a page like this one for the Asus -- https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/H110M-K/HelpDesk_CPU/ It shows all the supported CPUs and the minimum BIOS version required. You may have to shop in the used CPU market to get a CPU upgrade for that motherboard.
What is your budget for a CPU?
12GB RAM may be part of your problem. Is that three 4GB DIMMs or an 8GB and a 4GB ?

I sadly don't remember exactly from the top of my head exatcly my motherboard. I will have to check when i get home. But i may upgrade it too if i need (i just did not want to,but if i really need...)
I do not exactly have a budget tbh. I just want something that is cheap, maybe someone can give me some options?
My RAM memory are two sticks:
8GB RAM CORSAIR 3200mhz DDR4
4GB RAM CORSAIR 3200mhz DDR4

kanewolf

Titan
I sadly don't remember exactly from the top of my head exatcly my motherboard. I will have to check when i get home. But i may upgrade it too if i need (i just did not want to,but if i really need...)
I do not exactly have a budget tbh. I just want something that is cheap, maybe someone can give me some options?
My RAM memory are two sticks:
8GB RAM CORSAIR 3200mhz DDR4
4GB RAM CORSAIR 3200mhz DDR4
Your mismatched RAM will be a performance issue. It will either run partially in single channel or ALL in single channel. A matched set of 2 8GB DIMMs would be the recommended fix. The give away or sell your existing RAM.

Jun 30, 2022
Your mismatched RAM will be a performance issue. It will either run partially in single channel or ALL in single channel. A matched set of 2 8GB DIMMs would be the recommended fix. The give away or sell your existing RAM.
Actually it was a gift from a friend (the 4gb one) that's why i was using it. I might sell it and buy one exactly like mine, would this give me performance?

Jun 30, 2022
But i mean, it's not like im disliking my actual performance, i really think my setup is giving me what i paid for. I just think it's getting a little old and need a small update, that's why im thinking about getting a new processor, just don't know which one. Maybe a I5-11400F plus a new motherboard (and this is almost out of my budget right now tbh).
Like i said, things here in my country were expensive even before this inflation,right now it's 10x worse.

Jun 30, 2022
A budget, in your currency, and where you are buying from may help us help you.
I'm from Brazil, my budget would be about R$1.500 (reais) which would be somewhere around $300 or $350 (Imaginaning that i will upgrade processor/motherboard ONLY If i need to upgrade my graphics card too i know i will need a little more budget). Like i said, i can spend a bit more if i really need to, but i just don't want to spend much because i use my computer mostly on weekends only...

Jun 30, 2022
If you can swing it, an 12400f, and a MSI Pro B660m-a would be a great choice. Even a 12100f would be a massive upgrade, over what you have now.
Thanks for the answer. I have not found many options with MSI Pro B660m-a, but i found a lot of options selling both 12400f + h610M DDR4 .
I also found some pretty good 11400f prices, do you think it's also worth?