Question Help, Pc crashed while playing game now only boots to bios.

Oct 5, 2024
Ok I was on a game when my PC screen went black. But I could still here all the sound. Tyred rebooting and it went straight to Bios and showed no bootable drives. Disconnected all hard drives except OS drive and pc booted up to windows. Reconnected drives 1 by 1 until I thought I found the faulty drive and replaced it.
PC was working fine for about a week when the same thing hapoed again. This time could not get pc to boot so used a flash drive and reinstalled win 10 on another drive and was able to boot pc again and all was working fine until it happened a 3rd time less then 24hrs later.

Now even tho there is a drive with an OS on it does not show as bootable device in bios. I have run memtest64 which passed I am able to boot win 10 mini from flash drive and have checked the hard drives which are working fine. I have stress tested the cpu which was fine.

If anyone can give any help as to what might be causing this problem I would be very greatfull as at this point I have no clue.
Motherboard: ROG Strix Z490-E gaming
CPU: i5 10600k
Gpu: rtx 4070 super

Oct 5, 2024
Have you updated the mboard bios to the latest version?
So, no drives list in the bios at all?
I haven't tryed any update to bios yet.
No drives showing in boot menu, but they are showing in the ssd secure erase and I can access and use the drives in win 10 mini booted from flash drive