Question (Help) PC keeps restarting because of GPU

Jan 30, 2020
I recently got myself a new processor (which I thought was my problem but it turns out it is my GPU but I don't know why)

PC specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD RX 580 4GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Power: 650W
Storage: 1x SSD and 2x HDD

My last processor was old and I needed an upgrade so I got myself a Ryzen but later I realized that my GPU is the problem of my PC crashes. I would be playing a game and at some points the PC would restart itself. It happened to me numerous times.
Example: I was playing Batman Arkham Knight today which meets all recommended specs and I have to play it on minimum to avoid any restarts. At some points in the game (even if I'm on the lowest settings) it would still restart itself.

I would appreciate any help and if I haven't provided enough info (of the problem or the PC itself) I can answer in the comments.
Thank you!

Jan 30, 2020
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.60, 1.8.2019. (UEFI)
Temperature on rest is 38-41 C and in game up to 72 C (this is the GPU temp tracking, don't know where to find for processor)

Jan 30, 2020
I was testing out now in the AMD Radeon software performance tracker and playing SOMA. The temperature went to maximum 50 C but the utilization was jumping from 3% to 100% all the time. just spikes

Jan 30, 2020
latest bios?
check the cpu/gpu temp during the game?
I installed a program now to monitor it and after 5 minutes of playing Batman Arkham Knight the CPU temperature was around 50 C but the GPU temperature was always above 70 C. Even got to above 75 when it crashed
Edit: I had all graphics setting set to low with 1080@60 and the video memory usage was 1980/4076MB

Last edited: