Question Help! PC not booting to windows its not even showing the advance startup screen. but it only occurs at certain times.

Jul 16, 2022
My pc won't booting to windows. this is the situation.
but this situation occurs only certain times only;
  1. after sudden shutdown this oocurs
  2. after putting pc to sleep when I try to turn pc back on, yeah it won't turn on it stays like I showed in that video..
but normal restarts doesn't show this issue.
but guess what it turns back on normally after maybe like 8 hours or next day!
but again back to that situation after above things occured.
I don't what causing this issue
I tried updating windows,bios,drivers when PC was on. but nothing different.
This problem started after When I reinstalled win 11. so I think it is not a Hardware issue.
PC specifications:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X​
MOBO: ASROCK B450 STEEL LEGEND​
RAM: 8GB GSkill TridentZ RGB 3000MHz DDR4 X2​
PSU: Deepcool DA600 Bronze Certified​
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Ventus XS Edition 6GB GDDR6​
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB NVME​
HDD: 2TB WD BLUE HDD​

Ralston18

Titan
What causes the sudden shutdowns? Local power problems, storms, users not correctly shutting down, etc..

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some relevant error codes, warnings, or even informational events.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

There is also the possibility of corrupted files due to sudden power losses and so forth.

Try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Lastly: how old is that Deepcool PSU: 600 Watts - correct? History of heavy gaming use? Condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Jul 16, 2022
What causes the sudden shutdowns? Local power problems, storms, users not correctly shutting down, etc..
sudden shutdowns are caused by local power problems. btw I have been using power button to normally shutdown pc for decades (NOT LONG PRESS). idk if thats causes any problem. as I mentioned I reinstalled win 11, the reason behind this reinstallation was this sudden shutdowns, it corrupted the OS, but after reinstalling this problem started. Now I am trying to install win 10 if that may fix the problem.
Lastly: how old is that Deepcool PSU: 600 Watts - correct? History of heavy gaming use? Condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?
it's about 3 years. I bought it with the build

Ralston18

Titan
You must be much more methodical in your troubleshooting process.

What "methodical" means is that only one thing at a time, within your control , is changed.

And that you allow some time between changes. How much time may not be readily apparent.

Overall, with local power problems, it is very likely that your system is ending up with corrupted files as a result.

Consider a UPS as a means to protect your computer. If power is lost then the UPS should provide you with enough grace time to properly shutdown your computer.

Going back a bit with respect to your original post: what do you see in Reliability History and Event Viewer?

May or may not be helpful. But must be looked at and considered.

Jul 16, 2022
Consider a UPS as a means to protect your computer. If power is lost then the UPS should provide you with enough grace time to properly shutdown your computer.
I have 1kv UPS and it still shuts down during local power cuts. idk this sudden shutdown causing because of the combined work of HOME UPS and PC UPS.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model UPSs? Age, condition?

How is everything connected?

Do you have for example, the HOME UPS providing power to the PC UPS in some manner? Often referred to as a "daisy chain".

Daisy chaining UPSs and adding in other components (surge protectors) is not recommended. Check the applicable User Guides/Manuals for the UPS's regarding supported configurations.

Any other surge protectors, power bars, use of multiple wall outlets? If you have, for example, connected some other devices such as a laser printer then the UPS is not going to provide backup power for very long and then all suddenly gets shut down. Only critical devices should be connected to a UPS. For me that is the computer and the monitor. The objective is to have power just long enough to gracefully and properly shutdown the computer. Not continue gaming, browsing, working, etc...

There are other concerns as well.

If the connections form an electrical loop of any kind where device A connects to B connects to C connects to D and then connects to A again then that is a loop that can and does cause problems. Loops being electrical, video, or audio. Especially if there are low end quality power bars, surge protectors, extension cords, and so forth being used. Especially those of the kind found in the big box store bins or online - low quality, cheap, and limited in use.

Indeed, sudden power losses can corrupt files and thus the system will not boot or otherwise not function as it should.

You may well have three sets of problems:

1) Being three years old that DeepCool PSU may be starting to falter and fail. Especially if it has a history of heavy use for gaming plus being exposed to external power fluctuations.

2) The UPS provided backup power may not be truly working because of the way the UPS connections are made. Or the age and condition of the UPS's/batteries themselves. And the UPSs' may offer some sort or surge protection (Joules) but that protection is limited. After so many "hits" there is no longer any protection.

3) The sudden power losses (despite having UPSs present) likely caused corrupted files.

The first objective is to get your pc working again. Isolate the pc as best you can from any potential electrical problems. Swap in a known working PSU and see if the system will boot. Even if only into Safe Mode. Then try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

However, it may be that a clean windows install will be necessary:

FYI:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-clean-install-tutorial.3170366

Once the computer is working again then, focus on how to set up and configure a working UPS environment to protect the computer from surges and provide backup power long enough to properly shut down the computer via the power icon - not by using any physical switches.

Then take a closer look at the overall electrical system: Home UPS, personal computer UPS, and how it is all connected and configured. Read the applicable User Guides/Manuals and if necessary get a qualified electrician to help. You may have overloaded circuits, improper grounding/earthing, etc. possibly contributing to the overall problems.