Question Help picking dual monitor card

22547mike

Honorable
Nov 15, 2018
Amazon Prime Prime convinced me to finally upgrade my small 15-year-old monitors.
Currently one is on VGA and the other on DVI because of my old motherboard. I want to run the two new monitors off of a dual monitor card using HDMI. I don't game. Please suggest a card for me.

Below are the specs of my equipment. Yeah.....I'm old. Actually, I was trained on vacuum tubes many many years ago.

Thanks.......

Monitor Number

Monitor Specs

Motherboard

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located, what is your budget for a discrete GPU and is your preferred site for purchase Amazon?

This is what your motherboard's rear outputs look like;

You could use the HDMI off the rear and then pick up a cable like this;
to adapt the DVI on said motherboard.

22547mike

Honorable
Nov 15, 2018
Where are you located, what is your budget for a discrete GPU and is your preferred site for purchase Amazon?

This is what your motherboard's rear outputs look like;

You could use the HDMI off the rear and then pick up a cable like this;
to adapt the DVI on said motherboard.
Thank you for the quick response.

I'm in the USA.
My budget is on the low end since I don't game. Just basic Old Geezer stuff.
Amazon is preferred .

DUH me ! ! I failed to look ! !
I was so focused on getting the dual card so that the two new displays would be driven and working as a set.

Not sure if my simple needs and old eyes would notice the difference between the HDMI and DVI monitors?

If I wanted to pursue a dual card....your suggestions please.

Again, thanks.

Pretty much any GPU will drive 2 monitors. Many can drive 4. I think most can even run 4 4k monitors.

All depends on what price point you are talking. You likely can get a used gpu from say 5 years ago for $25 that will work fine.

There are a large number of GPU that have at least 2 HDMI ports and are brand new selling well under $100.

Since your current machine has 1 HDMI port and you can get a adapter to get a second for very cheap maybe try that option first. When you are not concerned with refresh rates almost any video card can accomplish what you need.

Using the integrated graphics and just plugging directly in is going to be your best choice here. The displays you have are 1080p so there won't be any problems running off of HDMI and a converted DVI.

Most of the really cheap video cards still have DVI because nobody has really bothered to fill that space since there's no money in it. I think the cheapest thing that would have two HDMI ports would be around $100 and even if you went 1x HDMI with 1x DP you would still be looking at around $90 at best.