Help please, ASUS P8Z68-V 3 beeps after sleep mode and no display

sgoudie

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Hi, i'm looking for advice on what to do with my custom built computer.

I currently have an ASUS P8Z68 motherboard which has been working fine for the past few months, the issue i'm having is only now when I put my PC into sleep mode and then start it back up again I am greeted with 3 beeps followed by the machine rebooting only to come on again but with no display. If i then power off the PC and power back on it comes on fine with everything still saved. I'm just wondering what the issue might be?

Also another issue that im not sure if its a problem is every time i first power on the machine, I am greeted with 1 beep (i know this may be normal) but the some of the time it will power its self off and back on again maybe once or twice, but this doesn't happen every time. Is this normal?

Any help or advice anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

sgoudie

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Forgot my spec:

Asus P8z68-V Motherboard
Intel i5 2500K
Corsair Memory Vengeance Blue 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel
ATI HD6870 XFX 1GB Graphics

tomtomhoch

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
I'm not really knowledgeable on this subject but just from my experience the HD6870 often goes wrong. It could possibly be this as I've had similar problems

Hope this helps
Thomas

go into your bios and write the bios rev down that it at now. if it old update it. the error on boot up and wake up is a bios issue.
the reboots at power up is the mb reading your ram spd and setting the speed for the ram. if the bios patches are installed it should read the ram right and let you set the xmp profile once and that it. if you still have issue on waking after installing all the bios updates check your hard drive and ssd drive firmware.