[SOLVED] Help please, computer crashing randomly

Sep 25, 2020
Hi I would really appreciate any help, it has been months and this issue is making me crazy!

My computer has almost 3,5years and everything worked fine until last November when the issue started. The computer randomly restarts with no errors almost like the power was cut out. Sometimes it restarts and work normally for days and others if I try to reboot it crashes again in about 10 seconds. I've been trying some things already, even changed my PSU from a Corsair RM550x.
Since it is like some hardware issue I can't get many reports on it. All I can see is before I changed the PSU I just got a Kernel-Power event (41) about unexpected turning off. After I changed the PSU I also formatted everything, run MemTest86 on both RAM slots more than 20 times finding nothing there, and installed a clean W10, it looks that it has stopped (was a month ago, but yesterday it happened and today again 2 times). It looks the same issue crashes out of nowhere when just watching a youtube video. When looking at the report I got the same Kernel-Power but also attached with some extra Kernel-Processor-Power (55) one event for each thread of my CPU, on every crash, these events happen to, anyone knows if it could mean something?

I run some benchmarks (Heaven Benchmark and AIDA64) to try checking something, earlier today I ran Heaven on ultra, and I AIDA64 stressing CPU for about 5 minutes with no problem. But tonight it crashed again and I tried to run the tests just after the crash, and the Heaven passed but on less than 2 minutes of running the CPU on AIDA64, it crashed again. I don't know if it could mean something because this month I was playing some games somewhat more demanding like 'Farcry 5' and 'The Forest' on high and the problem didn't show up but would like to hear from you guys any possible ideas of what to look next...

My next try if I don't get any more experient guesses will probably be to change the MOBA since it looks to be related somewhat to power management maybe can be some faulty component. Or maybe go straight for the kit MOBA+CPU, if changing all these components didn't work I'll give up on having a PC :coldsweat:

This is the AIDA64 run that crashed

My general specs are:
CPU: i7-7700 the cooler is original intel
RAM: ram 2x8GB ddr4 2400h (both from viper same model)
GPU: GTX 1070
PSU: Corsair RM550x
MOBA: H110M-CS

If any other information could help in getting any kind of diagnosis please let me know, I really want some advice.

Solution
it still possible to be cooling problem, component after warranty period will eventually degrading. still recommend to try change the cooler into AirCooler

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
if the cooler you are using now are still same component since the day of your purchase, i be suggesting getting AirCooler Instead of stock cooler. that will be your next step.

otherwise, restrain from using the PC if CPU reaching 80 degree, else you going to further damaging the CPU

Reactions: Stricks1
Sep 25, 2020
if the cooler you are using now are still same component since the day of your purchase, i be suggesting getting AirCooler Instead of stock cooler. that will be your next step.

otherwise, restrain from using the PC if CPU reaching 80 degree, else you going to further damaging the CPU

Thanks for the suggestion :) but more often than not, when the reboot happens there is not under load, usually CPU temp is around 42º when the issue happens, it only reaches 70º+ when I run a stress CPU benchmark consuming 100% for several minutes, that doesn't happen on my daily use.