[SOLVED] Help Please.

Feb 23, 2019
I have a home built Asus MB. AMD 8350, GTX 750 ti, 2 SSD's, 16 meg of g.skill 2400 ram, ample cooling.

All my games are on Steam. Worked fine for years. Now, anytime I fire one up, after 2 minutes the computer shuts off. If I let it sit for 10 minutes, it starts fine (no errors).
I have cleaned the case and componets with canned air. reapplied thermal paste, removed ram, checked one at a time, swapped GPU, re-seated all cables.

I have ran multiple stress test programs. Prime95, etc. Temps are all within guidelines for CPU, MB and GPU.

I don't run any kind of high power apps like video editing, streaming etc. Just normal day to day stuff. Surfing, Word docs.

Did I miss something? Come on smart people. Help, I need Call of Duty atleast once a day. Thanks in advance for any new clues.

Solution
That is odd. Next thing I would think could actually be bad is the motherboard. But, before going down that road I would try running with one stick of RAM at a time and see if you get the same behavior. Normally RAM is BSOD, not a power off, but it's a free check other than time...

Also, if you have an UPS have you tried taking it out of the loop? Might also look at a different wall outlet, preferably on a different circuit. Could be a case of getting funky signal in causing the PSU's protection circuit to trip.
That is odd. Next thing I would think could actually be bad is the motherboard. But, before going down that road I would try running with one stick of RAM at a time and see if you get the same behavior. Normally RAM is BSOD, not a power off, but it's a free check other than time...

Also, if you have an UPS have you tried taking it out of the loop? Might also look at a different wall outlet, preferably on a different circuit. Could be a case of getting funky signal in causing the PSU's protection circuit to trip.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS