Help plz!

sheila5858

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
I purchased a HP 64 bit Vista Home Premium.It started running constantly making it very hard to do anything so I took it into a shop.Within 24 hrs. of getting it back it was doing the same thing so I opened it up and saw that they had completely changed the hardware inside from a clean sharp compact motherboard neatly wired, to a Hugh motherboard with wires all over,a slave strap which mine didn't have also, 3 fans and a mess of wires.I do a lot with my photos and use my lightscribe a lot now it only smears the designs on the dvd's I confronted them and they called me a lire and didn't know what I was talking about, I told them that they just transfored my imformation into the drive i have now and that is why it took them 5 days to run the test and they claimed that it was because I had 30 infections there is more but to get to the point I'm looking for a picture of the clean inside look of my original tower before it went into the shop.they want me to come up with the proof of what I had, do you have any information that I can to get my own computer back. I really liked how mine was and I'm so frustrated not being able to do my work. I took my compurter and did system restore it took so much to find the rt area to take it to that point since it wasn't under the F11 key, I found it under F8 where the older computers that I had was there. SORRY taking so long to tell you but can you plz help me with pictures and imformation on what is suppose to be a 64 bit computer, now with a 32 bit and a bunch of other stuff in my tower.

Solution
It would help to have proof but since you didn't take a picture then take one now , then you call that disreputable repair shop and tell them they either give you back what you brought over there or you will report them to the better buisness bureau. If they don't comply then be sure to follow thruogh with the report because believe it or not it works. I had a situation and it was resolved because of the BBB being involved.
Since you don't have a picture of your computer do you have a listing of what was in the computer , how long ago did you buy it , where did you buy it from , take the model number and go to the HP site and look up the model you have and see if you can get the id of some of the parts and see if they match what is in...
It would help to have proof but since you didn't take a picture then take one now , then you call that disreputable repair shop and tell them they either give you back what you brought over there or you will report them to the better buisness bureau. If they don't comply then be sure to follow thruogh with the report because believe it or not it works. I had a situation and it was resolved because of the BBB being involved.
Since you don't have a picture of your computer do you have a listing of what was in the computer , how long ago did you buy it , where did you buy it from , take the model number and go to the HP site and look up the model you have and see if you can get the id of some of the parts and see if they match what is in there now and if not print out the spec' page and along with the now picture you can give that to the BBB. Also when you confront the repair shop make sure you let them know that you know what you are takling about and be specific and talk to a manager or supervisor or owner. For example if you had a Western Digital hard drive and now you have a Seagate point that out , go through the list and what is now in your computer and point out the differences , be specific and also be calm and not go off and if you get nowhere with them then tell them you will be calling the BBB , and make sure you leave that for last , don't bring that up right away. Before you call go over what you are going to say and write down a few things so you don't forget.

Solution
I just now looked at your user name , sheila5858 , are you female ? If so then that's what the repair shop is doing they are thinking because you are a woman you don't know anything about the insides of a computer. All the more important that you show them that you do by being specific and saying what parts you had.

sheila5858

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011

sheila5858

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
thank you inzone they in fact changed the hard drive to a seagate,I also called HP and they gave me alot of imformation on my computer that they have records of when I registered my computer i'm going with the BBB , i found out that they have ripped off a couple of other women they are going with me if they can find their imformation and we will get this taken care of so it wont happen to anyone again. again Thank you very much i appricate your help.

I always feel sad if the BBB has to get involved.

The BBB will contact the company and ask for 2 things: 1) That they do whatever you want, 2) That they pay money to the BBB.

If they do those 2 things, they get the best status you can have with the BBB seal of approval and all that.

It doesn't matter what they do with other people, if they start screwing people again right away it won't make it back to the BBB until someone again brings it to the BBB. If they fix that person's problem and pay more money, they get right back on the good list again.

The BBB really is a terrible organization. Truly awful it is. It is the poster child of an organization run to benefit the average person that is funded by corporations.