[SOLVED] Help someone please, my cat ruined my computer and I need help.

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Long story short my cat had a tummy ache and threw up on my computer, gross I know it's all clean now. Anyways ever since this incident happened my computer just constantly Cycles power on and off again non stop. I replaced the mother board and power supply because my board was bricked the and supply was fried, my CPU (ryzen 5800X) my GPU (EVGA FTW3 3060ti) and my sticks of ram (Corsair vengeance Pro RGB) were all still working fine I tested them in another setup and the system booted marvelously. But when I plugged the components into my system, nothing it just keeps cycling and cycling. I tried removing my SSD's and it gets me into the BIOS of my new board (b550 tomahawk Max). In the bios I turned on hot plugging and plugged my SSD in and it displays nothing its like it doesn't exist. I'm just incredibly lost right now and could really really use some help.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Unless you replaced the motherboard with the exact same model, windows will most likely need to be reinstalled. You should be able to do a clean install so you don't lose your data.

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
did in fact not replace it with the same exact board but I reinstalled windows at the beginning when I first got the board just to be safe because it'd never hurt. That's how I like knew my drives still worked but like didn't I guess. I tried booting into windows for a second and then it started to cycle. Ever since I haven't seen any Motherboard splash screen like usual or anything.

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
It just doesn’t make sense the second I remove and sorta hard drive it boots right into the bios fine but if I plug in my SSD through sata power or even my NVME drive I just get nothing I really don’t know what’s wrong

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Is your BIOS up-to-date. MSI just released a new version in March to fix a TPM out of bounds error.

Latest version is 7C91vAC

Other than that, try re-installing Windows

Last edited:

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
Long story short my cat had a tummy ache and threw up on my computer, gross I know it's all clean now. Anyways ever since this incident happened my computer just constantly Cycles power on and off again non stop. I replaced the mother board and power supply because my board was bricked the and supply was fried, my CPU (ryzen 5800X) my GPU (EVGA FTW3 3060ti) and my sticks of ram (Corsair vengeance Pro RGB) were all still working fine I tested them in another setup and the system booted marvelously. But when I plugged the components into my system, nothing it just keeps cycling and cycling. I tried removing my SSD's and it gets me into the BIOS of my new board (b550 tomahawk Max). In the bios I turned on hot plugging and plugged my SSD in and it displays nothing its like it doesn't exist. I'm just incredibly lost right now and could really really use some help.
How's the kitty doing? Hopefully better than the computer.

Here's the thing: when a cat throws up, you now have stomach acid all over everything, and it's eating all that stuff away. I wouldn't even trust washing it to get rid of the stuff.

You are best off taking those SSD's to a data recovery service (google list here), and starting completely over. I wouldn't even keep the case at this point unless you cleaned it out with some acid neutralizer (and you need to wash that out real good).

Sucks I know, but that's life. I wish I could give you a better prognosis.

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022

Here's the thing: when a cat throws up, you now have stomach acid all over everything, and it's eating all that stuff away. I wouldn't even trust washing it to get rid of the stuff.

You are best off taking those SSD's to a data recovery service (google list here), and starting completely over. I wouldn't even keep the case at this point unless you cleaned it out with some acid neutralizer (and you need to wash that out real good).

Hey look I’m all for getting a new case I don’t really like the one I have I just stuck it out just because I didn’t want to spend the money but I definitely will. I just so confused those because all the parts that were covered with the bits of vomit were replaced it didn’t get on my GPU at all I took of the backplate to make sure and everything. So I hope you understand my confusion

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Is your BIOS up-to-date. MSI just released a new version in March to fix a TPM out of bounds error.

Yes it is, I guess I could just try reinstalling windows but that hardly works because I’d have to activate hoplugging boot into WMCT with the USB to try and reinstall but nothing happens it just goes right back to cycling. It quite literally only happens when I plug my data cable into either the board or the drive.

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022

And my kitty is great thank you for asking she’s back to sprinting through the house as Mach speed

Reactions: Nathkrul

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022

If you have any other ideas that could possibly help that would be great otherwise I’ll give those a shot once I get home from work

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Hot plugging isn't necessary.

If you created windows 10/11 using the Microsoft Media Creation tool, you should just be able to boot directly to your usb device through one of the USB ports on the mainboard.

Understood will try it as soon as possible

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022

If you created windows 10/11 using the Microsoft Media Creation tool, you should just be able to boot directly to your usb device through one of the USB ports on the mainboard.

So I tried booting up and I got to the media creation screen, but I can’t get into windows the USB drive doesn’t appear as a drive to install windows on or anything it’s just an empty box

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
So I tried booting up and I got to the media creation screen, but I can’t get into windows the USB drive doesn’t appear as a drive to install windows on or anything it’s just an empty box

I can’t exactly create windows 10 without a storage medium

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
Hey look I’m all for getting a new case I don’t really like the one I have I just stuck it out just because I didn’t want to spend the money but I definitely will. I just so confused those because all the parts that were covered with the bits of vomit were replaced it didn’t get on my GPU at all I took of the backplate to make sure and everything. So I hope you understand my confusion
If you are 100% sure the GPU didn't get any cat vomit on it, then go ahead and keep it. If you can clean the case real good with an acid neutralizer (like baking soda and water) then I would keep that too.

For the stuff that was exposed? There is no way you can clean the acid from between the legs of the IC chips, or between the IC chips and the circuit board. You can keep that stuff if you want to, just understand somewhere down the road that acid my bite you in the rear when you least expect it.

The most important thing is your cat is OK. That is good to hear IMHO.

Shleep223

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
If you are 100% sure the GPU didn't get any cat vomit on it, then go ahead and keep it. If you can clean the case real good with an acid neutralizer (like baking soda and water) then I would keep that too.

For the stuff that was exposed? There is no way you can clean the acid from between the legs of the IC chips, or between the IC chips and the circuit board. You can keep that stuff if you want to, just understand somewhere down the road that acid my bite you in the rear when you least expect it.

The most important thing is your cat is OK. That is good to hear IMHO.
Yes she is doing perfectly fine thank you for asking,

The most important thing is your cat is OK. That is good to hear IMHO
Yea the cards still good so nothing in it. Yea she is a lil demon some times but she’s pretty cool. Thank you for your information I just gotta get the rest of this figured out

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
And where would that even be located in the event I go out and get one later or tmr
For the voltmeter:
Harbour Freight Tools if you have one near you.

If not, just try any Home Depot, Lowes, or local hardware store. Harbour Freight is the cheapest, but any of the others will do in a pinch.

As for where it is on the board, that you have to talk to the support guys for your motherboard manufacturer.